saved from the brambles !

MJB1

talking about what hidden treasures can be found in old tumble down farms , well i once made a joke to the farmer that i'd take it off his hands for ?20 & he said "alright then !"

i spent the next couple of days looking for & finding the wheels,bonnet ,front cowl, roof,doors,windows then was towed home by a MF 590 using a 2680 drawbar !

once all the crap had been ground off & the big end shells were replaced , an ejector holder bracket was scrounged from an old fiat dealer? it was dragged around the yard 15-16 times till it fired up .then off down to a freinds workshop for lots of welding & beating & a respray :)

i used it for a couple of months taking feed out to the sheep i had & moving them around in a little stock trailer , then sold it in a farm sale for ?700 :) spent the money on a David Brown red 990 that i found / caught in a hedge while hedge trimming ?:-\

i used it for a couple of months taking feed out to the sheep i had & moving them around in a little stock trailer , then sold it in a farm sale for ?700 :) spent the money on a David Brown red 990 that i found / caught in a hedge while hedge trimming ?:-\

Shame she had to go Marcus, how did the Davie Broon get on?

nh do you think you will sell your fergy to pay for the 3600 then or keep both going?

No, I definitely won't be selling the Fergie TM. She's a great wee machine and I've basically learned to drive on it. I couldn't bring myself to sell my first tractor. The Ford 3600 will cost a fair bit and I've got plenty of saving to do before then but hopefully I'll have a bit of luck and find a good nick one for the right price in the not too distant future......

I bought the Fergie through an Ad I placed in the paper, for the 3600 I think I'll give dealer's a try too......

you may pay a bit over the odds for a dealer one nh,might be worth a try at the auction

Yeah, I did think that TM, didn't think of an auction though. When the idea first came into my head, I e-mailed my local New Holland Dealer for a few quotes in relation to condition of cab etc. They were pretty reasonable in comparison to some prices in private ads. Will keep my eyes peeled though...... :) :) :)

this little fella was hidden under 11-12 years worth of brambles? & thats why i clipped it with the hedge trimmer? :-\

after poking around with a staff hook & a bit more carefull trimming ,i found the owner & offered ?100 for it he wanted ?400 but i got it for ?200 providing it went on the following week end . only got 2 pics of it .

Pic 1 back at braggs yard siezed & dirty but in surprisingly good condition? thanks to the ammount of bramble cover , it was stripped of it's cab ,head off, diesel in the bores & cranked over with a 3/4 drive socket each night for a week with a little carefull rubbing with wet & dry at the cylinder tops? ,head replaced ,oil change ,battery on,? fuel in? & up she fired first time on the key :o :o :o :o

Pic 2 steamed cleaned ready for sale

bought for ?200 spent about 7 hrs & ?35 in total & sold her for ?500 the following weekend  ;D 

2640 +5610    no way    leyland is a sore point with the boss at moment  I think he would sell it but he wants me to put the 5610's origonal wheels on it but i don't want to    if it were sold i said that it can keep the row crops on and make a little less rather than selling it with the wrong size/make wheels + i might want them back on the ford at some point ???

If a one word answer is all that is required to a question, that is perfectly ok.

What the rules prevent are the posters that go to every thread and post something just to bump up their post count; or so that the last post on every board belongs to them . I.E say a disscusion was going on, they would just post " ;D" or "yeh", usually without reading the thread.