UH New Releases 2010

AJH

PITY WE DON'T WISH US BRITISH PEOPLE WOULD PRODUCE THIS STUFF

I've already bought a British produced 1/32 Field Marshall in the past (G+M) and a few of your excellent models for my collection Dave. I can see how the ever expanding UH range that is treading on other peoples toes is a serious concern to you.

No need to "shout" at me for expressing a desire to see another variant though is there ?

As there are already models of various Field Marshall tractors in both 16th and 32nd scale, perhaps the licensor would not allow them a licence for these scales?  He has certainly been quite restrictive over licences in the past.

I've heard it said that it is extremely difficult to obtain a licence to sell Field Marshall models - That's why I was quite pleased to hear that there might be another on the way.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chilton are French owned, the name Chilton is just used for marketing purposes they dont make anything anymore.

Is the Chillton name still used at all? (NB. it has 2xL).  They were French owned when they were first taken over by Mailleux/MX, but MX were bought out by ALO/Quicke in 2008, so they are now effectively Swedish owned.

I've heard it said that it is extremely difficult to obtain a licence to sell Field Marshall models - That's why I was quite pleased to hear that there might be another on the way.

He has certainly been very selective and is quick to jump on anyone who thinks of making one without his permission .

Sorry' date= getting a bit off-topic here :-[

Is the Chillton name still used at all? (NB. it has 2xL).  They were French owned when they were first taken over by Mailleux/MX, but MX were bought out by ALO/Quicke in 2008, so they are now effectively Swedish owned.

Sorry, getting a bit off-topic here :-[

according to the rep i was talking to French owned Chilton MX on loaders and litreature no mention of being Swedish owned.

I've already bought a British produced 1/32 Field Marshall in the past (G+M) and a few of your excellent models for my collection Dave. I can see how the ever expanding UH range that is treading on other peoples toes is a serious concern to you.

No need to "shout" at me for expressing a desire to see another variant though is there ?I've heard it said that it is extremely difficult to obtain a licence to sell Field Marshall models - That's why I was quite pleased to hear that there might be another on the way.

WHERE DID THIS "SHOUT" AT YOU COME FROM. YOU EXPRESSED A VIEW I DID THE THE SAME THOUGHT THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT, OR SHOULD SOME OF US HAVE TO SHUT UP AND LISTEN ONLY IT WAS NOTHING PERSONEL TO YOU JUST A STATEMENT. NOT Amused

according to the rep i was talking to French owned Chilton MX on loaders and litreature no mention of being Swedish owned.

You are quite right, ALO agreed to buy MX in late 2007, but on doing some research I discovered that the planned takeover was called off about a year later, so MX are still French.  Is there still the Chillton name on them for UK sale?  I can't find any current reference to the Chillton brand on the web; and all the links to the Chillton website (http://www.chillton.co.uk) now resolve to http://www.m-x.eu/ which is the MX main site. 

Sorry, off topic again  :-[  I'll shut up  :-X

As Denis said, a misunderstanding - using capitals implies that you were shouting.

I quite agree everyone is entitled to share their opinions on here, and for what it's worth I do try to support the model makers based in the British isles as my finances allow.

just caught with this subject  excellent news about these releases. The ford 7810 was a top selling tractor out of the dealership i was at the time , we even shifted one jubilee model.The 7910 shared same engine but of course had bigger radiator and a more open core, the 7910 also had 7710 rear axle the same as a 7810. they were not a de-rated 8210 as the 8210 had a stronger rear axle / extra planet in a heavier rear axle reduction. The four wheel drives with carraro axles were very reliable tractors - the former ZF front axles were troublesome in many ways. I believe the prototype was later re fitted with sq cab for the smithfield show , i have some original leaflets by SEM for the prototype fitted with Seckura LP CAB.

lets just wait and see what britains pulls out of their 2010 bag of tricks

before we wave bye bye to them  ;)

which bag of tricks? Britains did not show any signs of having access to any bag of tricks since the 1980s. Maybe with exception of the Simba Solo, one of the few typical British implements they released since then. so what should change excatly this year? But we are getting off topic here ...

which bag of tricks? Britains did not show any signs of having access to any bag of tricks since the 1980s. Maybe with exception of the Simba Solo, one of the few typical British implements they released since then. so what should change excatly this year? But we are getting off topic here ...

The Keenan feeder was also a good implement but that came in 04 with the Simba, a false dawn

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P  mmmm mf 7499, lovley jubbly what more could you ask for ,and as i said that leave britains the 7480 then as they advertised, must say that nh looks a tidy number to, never seen a small one like that, only ever seen bigger 6070's round this way to be honest