massey mudguards

flash 600

a neighbour of mine runs six masseys all under two years old but has a serious problem with front mudguards breaking one 8480 he has is on its third set they are all breaking at the bottom the local dealer doesnt know why told him i would go on here to see if anyone else has had problems or any ideas to stop it happening thanks

there are two types of front mudguards offered by MF... I've now had both of them... I can't for the life of me remember who makes them... but MF do give you the choice (although I suspect it's also on tyre width)...

Have they been checked for adjustment... not just with the axle flat... but when turning on full lock with the axle on full tilt ??? .. They are heavily adjustble in all directions

we had a problem on our 3085 the bolts kept sheering and the tractor rolling over mudguards or just one bolt sheering and the mudguard dropping down and rubbing the wheel so you were stranded tell someone came with a ratchet but it ended up the spacers mf fitted first day didnt give enough support so we made a plate for a spacer havent had a problem in years maybe you could get some one to make a stronger bracket :-\

Has he gone all MF now - thought he was JQ and Fendt.

not john karl a neighbour of mine there is loads of rodgers up here and all into tillage john just got a new 936 instead of the 8520 dont think he will be jd much longer the dealer up here is gone really bad with his service and charging serious money for callouts a few lads around here have changed from jd because of it there is a serious amount of new hollands around here now good to see as the dealer for them is amate of mine they doing really well . bergin up here just cancelled his new 8530 from the same dealer thats the second one this year he cant get anyone to take it .it was at the fingal rally

could be an agco supplie problem, a mate of mine has lost both front fenders off his 818 and one off a loan 818, were i used to work had a [glow=red,2,300]mf 3070[/glow] and the studs kept sheering on the braket bolts on them ::)

a common fault like i said you need a plate instead of a spacer to give support to the bolts