ROS 2010

AJH

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:of Stone the crows.. ROS continue to amaze me  ;) the strides they have made in the past 18 months, the detail on most of their models now is second to none and it always surprises me how well most of their range sells in the UK despite not being UK brand names on real machinery but us UK weirdos appreciate great models I guess  ;)

As for the other Schluters it also has surprised me how many Schuco and Weise model versions UTS has sold in the UK so I expect the ROS model to be no different  ;)

• 1 month later...

not the near future ...... as much as I am aware you would need to refuel every 1 hour or so. Plus hydrogen is not cheap and takes more energy to make than it actually saves. Until these problems are solved this tractor is just a publicity stunt.

+1

As a scientist who works on hydrogen projects said at a conference I attended in 2002: Hydrogen powered vehicles are 20 years away, and they always will be.

But I will be buying that model.

not the near future ...... as much as I am aware you would need to refuel every 1 hour or so. Plus hydrogen is not cheap and takes more energy to make than it actually saves. Until these problems are solved this tractor is just a publicity stunt.

Would beg to differ,  the oil majors are already rolling hydrogen corridors to establish areas of supply.  http://www.newenergyfocus.com/do/ecco/view_item?listid=1&listcatid=32&listitemid=3575

Also, the Hydrogen as launched is a proof of concept exercise; by the time of launch CNH believe that they will get a power density that will allow 6 hours operation.

Also, the unit will be marketed as a complete on farm unit where the energy and hydrogen is generated on farm from biomass or slurry.  Whilts not a front line machine it will be aimed at the mixed / livestock sector and it is just the beginning.  Internal combustion has had 100 years of development, this is something for the 21st century.  CNH are already working on test units for the concept of energy independant farms.  All energy used on the farm comes from the farm.

i think its great to see ROS making such a model wish more companies would do the same, its appealing to CNH collectors and future farmers. I am sure it will sell well and be a good marketing tool for New Holland.

I am surprised we havent seen a Fendt Tri-six model released yet by Siku or UH??

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...