WHAT MADE YOU JOIN FARM TOY FORUM

BC

i found it from the link on the bottom of farmmodels.net but didn't think much of it at the time because there wasn't much to look at due to not being a member and joined a french forum then decided it would be a good idea to see what else was on here and i really liked it 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found it through farmmodels.net and made a profile,I then forgot about it completely. then about a year or 2 later i redescovered it after jez put toytrac pictures on farmphoto.com and i have been posting since not this christams gone , but the christmas before  :)

I joined up just before Christmas 07, can't remember exactly how I found it but it was via random Googling around.... I'd always been into Britains as a kid and my kids had started to take an interest in it so thought I'd see what was available now.... I found FTF and that was that... I've not been as prolific as I would have liked, things keep coming up which get in the way....

What do I love....? Seeing whats coming, seeing the bespoke stuff and layouts, sharing [pinching] ideas, knowing I'm 'not the only one'! Most of all I've made some genuine friends on here who I will go out of my way to see and whose company I enjoy immensely. It's nice to be able to sit in a pub and talk about toy tractors rather than just cars, girls, work and money all the time!!!!!

Found it through general farm model search, had a look way back as a guest. Forgot about it then one day on farm models.net had another look and decided to join. As a self confessed non people person i find this site helpfull and with good banter from people from all walks of life, not just someone like myself who grew up on a farm. Then decided to repair the equipment for a living, and collects/ makes the toys as one of my hobbies. I sound like a weirdo when i read that back but maybe i am, but i ain't the only one on here ;):laugh: . I also find it amazing that we can all share other issues in life that aren't hobby related. Everybody from young un's to golden oldies  ;) and global too.

Can't remember how I found it but I did back in September 2005. I joined as I was re-establishing my collecting interests and since blame everybody else for my spending!!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Since then I have met and been happy to call many of the guys here 'mates' and enjoy the offline social side of this Forum and the regular 'phone calls with people just as much being online wittering my evenings away. I like the community side to it although I must say, the exclusivity to being a Forum for Farm Toys has slightly dwindled a bit.  :-\

Apologies... I hadn't finished my post and my internet connection went down >:(

I meant to add.... only joking... I joined because no-one else wanted me ;) ... and I stayed cos of Marky's whit, charm and personality ::)

:D :D

'course ya did  ;)

just shush and join in the group hug.....

i cant remember how to check what number i am but its 40 something.........i found britains models on ebay bought something off either dave T or nathan coop................I think it was nathan tho told me about this place so took a look and signed up...........no idea when it was either  ;D    dont you just love it being vague.........fraid as I think it was john lennon said, life is what happens when you are busy making other plans  so much of my post content nowadays is about real life stuff rather than models due to me not havin as much to do with the models as I`d like.

great place , a credit to Andy , mods and members alike, everyone who contributes , gives help, advice and opinions.long may it continue

John you are member number 44 and joined on the 9th of January 2005 but don't know the time ;) ;)

So that makes you one of the golden oldies on here ;D ;D

To find your number go to the home page then down to users on line and hover your mouse over you user ID and you will see it on the extreme bottom left hand corner of the screen.

Date joined is shown if you click on your personal profile.

Personally I don't mind reading posts about other things than just farm toys. For the forum to grow and prosper there has to be diversification. Now I don't think Tris agrees with me on this but so be it... we are all entitled to our own opinions ;) ;)

There are some of the model posts I will not even read such as posts on Universal Hobbies etc because I'm simply not interested in collecting them.

As I say everyone to their own and well it would be a funny Forum if we were all like Me Lordie and had MF tractor tattoos :-\

I joined the TTS board in 2002, before they bought the TTT and it was at talk.newagtalk.com. Tellarian, Eurodeere and SPN were on there too but I don't think there were too many other Europeans.

I forget how I actually came across this place's old board at britains-tractors.co.uk and being honest I wasn't impressed with it as, like FB said, there were about four people on it. I still checked it intermittently though and signed up when it moved to here, I think I'm member #46 or something (edit: #23 actually!) , and I've watched it go from strength to strength

* and girls obviously :)

:of  squeaked out of that didn't ya, almost sent to the corner...well if you do get sent there read some of my writings on the wall... :P  especially about Big Nose....I've done a far share of time there.. :-\ ;)

I bought an Ertl 1080 from eBay from our very own Mr Ebbage... when it came there was a card with FTF on it... that was three weeks ago and I've already clocked up over 30,000 posts  :of:-[

then the neighborhood went to ell ;D ;D

well i cant rembember how i found it but i just found out iv been a member for 5 yes five years bloody hell  :P :P

next stop the mental asilam ;D ;D ;D ;D

well its been fun and game and made a few new wierdos over the years  and look forward to meeting some more

steve :-*

I joined the forum about 2 years ago. First only to look at some of the nice building projects here. I posted a fie of my projects about a year ago.

Recently i started posting again and I'm not planning on stop this time. I'm a member of the dutch farm models forum. But I'm done with that. A whole lot of kids around there in the age 10 tot 14 posting stuff build out of ice creamsticks and cardboard. It looks more like a playground these days than a farm toys forum, that's why i don't post there any more. The level of skills when it comes to building models here is a lot higher. This forum is in m opinion just a lot better !

Kept finding FTF in my website statistics and, being a suspicious type, thought someone was 'hotlinking' to my pics  - wandered over and found a whole pile of strange people I didn't know existed, who also made model farm stuff. Great thing this www  ;D

Member No 188 Joined August 10th 2005, I found the site whilst generally looking for info on Britains, which I had collected since childhood, dipped in and out ever since then, the banter is good pictures of layouts good, info and history on models good, in fact the whole site is BRILLIANT, oh and I love all my FTF ltd models aswell. Hope to pluck up the courage to speak to a few more people at spalding this year, I have spoken to Marky and Andy in the past. As always my thanks go out to Andy for producing and running such a good site, and all the mods that keep us LOONS in check. ;D