i've gone and sold my Massey and bought a New Holland

farmermarshall

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and they were out to it again this morning due to fuelling problems ::) ::)

well try putting some in gav ;D ;D ;D

have to say jez, my uncle whos been a jd mechanic for 30 odd years said the same about the 20's and 30's, they have numerous in for repairs  some quite new, its certainly not colour bashing when a jd guy says about it??? mf went through similar a few years back with the 61 series mf's, destroyed a well built brand in a few years, sadly jd now seem to have a few issues with the mid range stuff?

Talking to my mate at the weekend who works at the local case dealer, he said lots of people are trading in the JD's saying they are rubbish and troublesome, he said they are selling a lot of Case's at the moment and our area seems it was once a JD stronghold.

nice to see some moredeere bashing I was missing some "new" comments......

More colour wars..... I think you'll find there are more people happy with the 30 series than not. That's why an Irish hire company ordered 115 this year.....

Any pictures inside the cab ofthe Deere Steve?

Hello Jez,

my remark has nothing to do with colour bashing or something personal or whatever. I have experiences with tractors of many brands and have a lot of friends that work for contractors and drive tractors of any brand on a daily bases. I am just stating what i hear from these daily users. maybe they have had a bad batch, but apparently this is also the case in some areas in England judging the remarks posted here, so you may assume on the amount of complaints, the things i hear about the JD 30-series are not  singled out cases. If it were Ford's, i would be honest too.. Heck, there were series that had major problems, like the Ford 30-series with the transmissions, or the Ford 10-series with the engines/oil leaks. And even so, i compliment farmermarshall on his choice for the JD 6400. So how is that colour bashing?

As a brand fan myself, i can understand your frustration of reading some bad issues with the JD's you clearly love, but be realistic and accept/respect other people's opinions when those are based on facts.

and now have a beer  ;):P  (i know i am going to have a few now)

cheers,

-Wil.

I appreciate there are problems of course...

I spent 2 years trianing on the issues with the 30 series when they were introduced but after looking into it and getting more training myself you do see that there are a lot of issues that are simple and get blown out of proportion.

Like you say, I am biased but I know the main problems that we have with the 30 series and the source from these problems.

Anyway. Problems aside it is interesting to read the amount of problems that the Deere's have and how long these have been around.

:-X

I think anyone who is rational will understand that there are, and will always be, issues that are common to a specific model of tractor...

I would wager that if Gavin had his machine from new it wouldn't be half the problem it is now...

JD have clearly lost some ground recently to MF's 6400 and 7400 range.. BUT... that said you can wind the clock back a few years and the very opposite had happened..

I liken this debate to the Nikon/Cannon divide... every new model that is released is better than the last one... be it Nikon one month or Cannon the next  :-\

A lot of us are passinate about our brand and that's lovely to see... but I think the sad truth is printed above  :-\

some good points but back to the topic, hows the new toys going stephen?

hi mate tractors all performing well the JD has had quite a facelift (mainly paint) since she first arrived a week ago handling the feeder wagon very well ,done a day on the 1600gallon tanker too just before the NH arrived  ;)

They do Ol... almost every 2wd tractor you see advertised has 'Ideal feeder tractor' somewhere on the advert  :-\

10 4 Marky. but can you still buy 2wd tractors from new, or do you need to make a special order not very ofter you see a brand new 2wd going about

MF will supply you with one Murray.... MF only make tractors to specific order anyway.. dealers can obviously ordr 'stock' models to sell on their forecourts.... but each machine made at the factory(ies) is pre-sold..

The USa market still buy a lot of 2wd machines.. they make 90 tractors a day at Beauvais... and around 3% (so about 2 tractors each day) are 2wd models...

Don'f forget the 'utility' market.... low hp 5400's destined for grass cutting applications will sometimes be specced as 2wd models

Here's one which was destined for the US of A on the day I visited... it was getting a coat of 'deep sea' wax for the long journey..

IMGP2839.jpg

Two lovely new tractors you have got now Stephen,I really like your T6030.

I went in the local Nh dealer here where they also have Case and JCB all on the same site but Nh seem to be taking over down here now.

Had quick a look at a T7040, T6020 and 6050 which seem to have very nice cabs and layouts inside.

Will you get a front linkage fitted in the future then? 

Two lovely new tractors you have got now Stephen,I really like your T6030.

I went in the local Nh dealer here where they also have Case and JCB all on the same site but Nh seem to be taking over down here now.

Had quick a look at a T7040, T6020 and 6050 which seem to have very nice cabs and layouts inside.

Will you get a front linkage fitted in the future then?

cheers Jamie all doing there jobs jd still on wagon the new holland has the rotary spreader on at the minute have got a price for a linkage as time goes on and i can afford one i might put it on  ;)

• 1 month later...