BC's Farming Photos 2010 to 2016

BC

This afternoon I swung past the Nicol of Skene office with 4 photos of their X reg MF2640. I then went back up the road to the farm on the other side of the Carnie Crossroads to discover it was Arther and Gerald spreading dung. They have rented 60 acres on this neighbouring farm for barley. They hire the two big spreaders from a chap at Alford.

Anyway on with the shots,,, I could not resist winding Arthur up saying he would have to wash his tractor but his respones was "naw have another days spreading tomorrow". He said that he last had the MF 15 years ago because he has had this NH for 6 years and his prior one for 9 years. He said he polishes the tractor twice a year as well as touching up the paint and has around 5,500 hours on it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twelve ton spreaders and both Arthur and Gerald have been bogged down already this week ;) ;)

19022010005.jpg

19022010006.jpg

19022010007.jpg

All loaded and ready to go

19022010008.jpg

Away to spread and Gerald off with JCB to go round to the second heap

19022010009.jpg

Our construction JCB telehandlers go through tyres quite quick aswell, usually through damage though.

Well yes James...Gerald was saying used a lot for clearing dung courts and filling silage pits and a lot of tyre slip on concrete plus a lot of tarmacadam road work. But as I said to Gerald better than a barrow and a graip ;) ;)

In addition I was saying Arthur and Gerald what a difference in size of the spreaders of today in comparison with the old JF ones.

Arthur said same principal chain driven but just bigger to which I said..yes but the horse in front has more power than your David Brown 990 ;) ;)

I must get a photo of that old DB 900 with the trailing digger that was at teh BA Store a few years ago

I think using crab steer a lot does not help the life of the tyres. Whats with the rust holes on the bonnet of the 2640, is the tinwork original? the tractor looks a bit of a minter :P  although that rear light wants fixing. ;)

Yes I made that comment on crab steering to Gerald too..shame I didn't get a photo..too busy "newsing"

Arthur was saying the 2640 was put into the construction side of Nicol o' Skene and was "bad used" on the sand cart for pipelines etc. The engine was done and it drank 1 and 1/2 gallons of oil a day which seems a little hard to believe :of :of

It sound's good now and the chap would did my friend's pit and classic lorry shed floor used it for getting rid of the soil.

07092009003.jpg

07092009004.jpg

07092009005.jpg

07092009007.jpg

07092009008.jpg

I think using crab steer a lot does not help the life of the tyres. Whats with the rust holes on the bonnet of the 2640, is the tinwork original? the tractor looks a bit of a minter :P  although that rear light wants fixing. ;)

Yes I believe the bonnet is original James. Wings have been replaced. Arthur did say he had to plate the door.

Tidy old bus that 2640. They did have a pretty heavy duty linkage for the time.  :)

Yes John, Arthur did say it was a game tractor and he plough with a five furrow plough before it went to the construction side of the business.

Next up Gerald loading his rig at the second dung heap. He still hasn't got back his own tractor after being smashed up too weeks ago. Ravenshill have parts on back order so he has being given this TM to use.

19022010016.jpg

19022010017.jpg

19022010018.jpg

19022010019.jpg

John is in England not Scotland but I suppose we can forgive you Sean since he is really only a stones threw away from Scotland. In fact I remember a while back John had a post of his JCB loadall half in Scotland and half in England ;) ;)

Well today I worked from home until noon partly because of the weather conditions and well more because I was expecting a Parcel Force delivery of two Border Fine Arts. I went into to work to access a certain program and attend a half hour meeting before heading home again because of flooding. The main road was nearly flooded right across in Drumoak so I opted for the back roads on the way home and used the hill road as I call it...the road I usually take my tractors for a run on and stop in the passing place for a photo. Today just before that passing place I saw these sheep which were looking sorry for themselves in the cold and wet.

25022010001.jpg

25022010002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Arthur stopped at the top and offered me a few rounds on the second seat but I had to decline today since I had not a lot of time since I was going out for the evening and needed to get home and ready. I said I would take him up on his offer another time,

He was complaining about the amount of dung that was on and it was not covering hence the stopping and starting and turning the plough.

11032010006.jpg

11032010007.jpg

11032010008.jpg

11032010009.jpg

11032010010.jpg

Archived