BC's Farming Photos 2010 to 2016

BC

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the way home from work yesterday I spotted an MF, Fraser dung spreader and teleporter on dung spreading duties just opposite the "minker's compound"....sorry travelling people close by Clinterty Agricultural College.

I stopped by to take some long range photos and after the first one the farmer came along in the teleporter and asked what i was after. I said I was just taking photos for FTF and asked if it was ok. He had no problems with that and I asked if this was the same spreader and tractor that was bogged down to the axles a few weeks ago. He confirmed it was and his son stuck it. He also said he saw me taking photos and was worried if I was from some of the authorities ;) ;)

15032010001.jpg

15032010002.jpg

15032010003.jpg

15032010004.jpg

On the way to the G&M model event at the isle of Skye hotel in Perth 50 miles from home close to Glamis Castle I spotted the first sowing scene for me in 2010. Luckily on a nice long straight piece of road so pull up car and trailer hazards on and grabbed a few shots. Apologies they are a bit far out shots but I did not want to walk across the newly formed seed bed.

I think it could be a Case IH Magnum 335 with a trailing Accord seed drill but I'm not 100% certain.

21032010001.jpg

21032010002.jpg

21032010003.jpg

21032010004.jpg

It has been drying up well Erik. On the way back up I saw few more sowing and also carrot harvesting but unfortunately not suitable places to stop especially with my mini curtainsider behind my car >:( >:(

You could well be right John. We don't really see the trailed ones up in Aberdeen  or the shire. If this weather keeps up I think we could be seeing some sowing within the next week.

Thanks Colm. If I had had more time and not a trailer behind the car I would have walked along the side of the field and got some closer shots. I gave the driver a wave and thumbs up and he waved back....I always think it is nice to make some gesture when photographing especially when you cannot talk to the operator.

On the way home yesterday I spotted this New Holland sowing in a field opposite North Lasts quarry road between Westhill and Peterculter. I'm not too sure who it was but i think it could have been the Wilson contractors from Sauchen

http://www.wilson-contractors.co.uk/

29032010001.jpg

29032010002.jpg

The  ground did not look in tip top condition for sowing. To me it looked raw damp and cold but who am I to judge  ;) ;)

29032010006.jpg

nice pictures there bill duals all round is that a common thing in scotland bill dont see any here its all those bloody floation tyres a night mare to change

Well Ben not often we see duals all round in my area but then again that is a fairly large piece of kit.

Thanks Ol. Hopefully it will dry up before long and I catch some other in the area. I notice the chap who still uses the MF drill had some of his fields sown last week too...but then peter must be first at sowing and combining ;) ;)

some great pics, suprised an "old boy" has twin beacons on his tractor, more a young mans thing :)

re the mf 2640, it was stated as a minter, well im sorry to say it looks like its had a hard life then painted over to try and hide its past, looks tidy i agree but bet its well worn out mechanically. good old bus them 2600 series, i wouldnt mind one as a toy for rallys etc

Well sparrow legs although old Arthur Nicol is 76 he is young at heart healthy and fit as a fiddle and goes line dancing every week so its and early stop on a Wednesday for him to get all scrubbed up and dressed ;) ;)

Yes I agree the  2640 is not mint and it has had a rather cheap and nasty spray over before Stuart bought it. Arthur said the engine was well worn when they got rid of it and was consuming copious amounts of oil on a daily basis.

Obviously the engine has been done after that because it starts and runs well. The initial use Stuart bought it for * recovery winch er " for fields has not come to fruition. Mainly because too slow on the road at 15mph and well he has now got a 4 x 4 Mercedes Ateco.

So the 2640 is up for sale again.

Archived