Model Tractor Spring 2010 issue 11

Took delivery of the 11th magazine yesterday.

Three pages of the Lakeland Penrith show with photos of Iain doing his sketching and Andy Ingram doing some hard selling in the background of photos of David Holden JCB collection.

This years show is on Sunday 21st November 2010. I'm looking forward to it already ;) ;)

• 1 month later...

bugger, not sure i've got it yet, local shop seems to have stopped selling these mags!!, it it still out in WH Smiths??

My nearest WH Smith, which is quite a large one, stopped selling it after the second issue but that's just one store, best to take out a subscription and never miss a copy, just renewed my sub, they send you a reminder when it's due.

I've only ever bought one or two issues... personally... I don't want to be rude and overly critical.. but now I've seen Model Farmer I won't be getting another one  :-\

I suspect that WH Smiths de-listed it due to poor sales... I would think that all these magazines that they need a certain volume to maintain the shelf space they are given  :-\

Nowadays there is a magazine for practically any subject you could think of, and then some. I guess the line has to be drawn somewhere of what titles to stock and as said, sales figures dictate what stays on the shelves and what's not. Each to their own, but there is a lot of rubbish on the shelves. One publication that has been 'tried out' by WHS is a DVD with a 'period' newspaper of events in history, one of which was 'the assasination of JFK'. These started off at £7.99 but don't seem to have been very popular as those left on the shelf are now reduced to £2.

have to say tim, the plymouth wh smiths has not had "model tractor" in for a while now, although i have now found classic massey in there marky ;) ;)  i like marky , only ever bought a couple of issues of it, and always found it behind  in terms of realeases etc, so gave up on it sadly just didnt fill the need in my eyes

have to say tim, the plymouth wh smiths has not had "model tractor" in for a while now, although i have now found classic massey in there marky ;) ;)  i like marky , only ever bought a couple of issues of it, and always found it behind  in terms of realeases etc, so gave up on it sadly just didnt fill the need in my eyes

well I hope you bought a copy then mate... we need all the sales we can get.... that will be 3 copies sold this issue then at least (me mum and you)  ;):D :D :D

well I hope you bought a copy then mate... we need all the sales we can get.... that will be 3 copies sold this issue then at least (me mum and you)  ;):D :D :D

make it 4 ;D ;D  i get my copy each time ;D;)

• 3 months later...

Latest issue arrived today. A little boring this time with much out of date information and an article on Britains loaders that seem to be the same as it was in the old 'Farm & Site' mag just different pics. Still has some good stuff in it though but needs to be published on a more regular basis to keep up to date with stuff!!!!

• 7 months later...