Lakeland Model Farm & Construction Show - Penrith - Sunday 21st Nov 2010

BC

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a terrific time at the show due to being utterly spoilt by my wonderful 'Mum'!! to which im very grateful  ;D  Plus i got some great things and had a belting chat with Frazer and mandy also it was good to see andy again  :laugh:

Sorry I didn't manage to meet up with you Bren

Thanks for all the photos James and Bill - looks like a great day out!

Well weekend actually Colm...a few of us including myself and james made it a two day event ;D ;D

had a great time at the weekend brilliant show, outstanding displays from the juniors and even better that all the junior awards came back to kendal cant wait till kennys show at gretna

Yes its good to see juniors interested in the hobby Andy. I'm seriously considering coming down to Gretna on I think 20th March 2011. Kenny Beaton was asking if I would come and take photos and well a Model Farmer article too I suppose ;) ;)

Well Done Bill for the pictures

Its been a long emotional weekend, but Pammy's Mandy's assets kept us entertained in the evenings  :-*

Thankyou all of you that purchased models off us...not forgetting my loyal sidekick Stevie as Bill rightly pointed out does all the work while I spend the whole 2 days networking  :D :D ;D

Great venue, great location, huge potential just need to spread the word on what a great show it is to get a few more punters through the door,

The Layouts just get better and better and all of you deserved a prize for the hours that were put in...Old ftf favourites Damian/Hazel & Jonathan lead the way as per  ;)

See you all next year  :-*

Barry it was nice to meet up with you and Steve.....networking good word...that's what I must have been doing since well sorry Mike and Sharon I did not spend much time on the FTF stall. Thanks to Brian Stewart aka mr softie for spending some time on it though 8) 8)

I had a laugh when I saw you wander through the hall with a carving knife...when I shouted who you off to get and you retorted "Ferguson" ;D ;D ;D

Those porkie pies from Damian and Hazel were "rite" fine I must say ;) ;)

some great pictures there bill, thanks for getting them for us, looks like a great show there

Thanks Sean. in addition to me and James f taking photo's I think Jordan Taylor might have some to post up too.

Not a huge show but a terrific atmopsphere where both traders and exhibitors have time to speak.

Well worth a visit i would say Sean. Next year is Sunday 20th Novermber 2011 but I assume that will clash with Zwolle again :-\ :-\

Those porkie pies from Damian and Hazel were "rite" fine I must say [img alt=;)]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/wink.gif [img alt=;)]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/wink.gif

Oh Bill, that makes me jealous.  ;)

Looks like it was a rewarding event for all. Good to see plenty of happy faces in the images. Nice to see the mix of layouts and traders too.

I look forward to reading Bills report on it later, and no doubt will speak to Harold later on too.

Oh Bill, that makes me jealous.  ;)

Looks like it was a rewarding event for all. Good to see plenty of happy faces in the images. Nice to see the mix of layouts and traders too.

I look forward to reading Bills report on it later, and no doubt will speak to Harold later on too.

First draft is on the Model farmer board for review Andy.

Well big 10-4 I'm currently loading photos and will be posting in collections...BC's other Britain's

Did you visit the FTF stall..I was hardly on it but robbo and mrs robbo and mr softie were probably on it.

Cheers David but thanks must go to james f too who contributed quite a few shots as well.

There were a lot of nice layouts and although not a huge show a very enjoyable one. Well worth the trip up North I would say ;) ;)

Cheers David but thanks must go to james f too who contributed quite a few shots as well.

There were a lot of nice layouts and although not a huge show a very enjoyable one. Well worth the trip up North I would say ;) ;)

No thanks necessary Bill, it is a pleasure to share the experience with my fellow FTF'ers. I'm not usually even that good at taking photos at shows, I generally spend all my time looking at everything and completely forget about the camera.

I have to agree with the others about Damian's display, what he has created is more than just a layout, its a miniature artwork. He is a very nice fella to talk to too ;)

Nice to meet you as well John however, you must have the strongest handshake I have ever had,  ;D ;D ;D ;D

surely not?              sorry ;)          I`m not  actually an irn bru fan either  bill.....maybe I`m ginger enough already  ;D

Lovely displays from all the entree's at the show. Some happy faces receiving there awards as well, just deserved as well I reckon. Well done to you all and to the FTF/MF gang from the promotional work leading up to and on the day of the show. Well done to all!!

:) :)

love to see some more close up pictures of that IH 434 by R leatham ,has he got a website or

a contact number anyone ??

If you want PM me your email and I'll send you the high resolution photo I took. In addition I can email you Harold's number he may well be able to supply you with more details on this exhibitor.