What did you buy at Spalding Model Tractor Show?

i bought 2 mf 700 silage trailers from dan,silage pit from george, xtra big size,universal hobbies 590, ford 5610 ,ford 7000 old type conversion from brian holms, alfa laval slurry tanker boxed ,boxed front cultivator britains with hitch,oak tree  , 4 trailers from brian norman, grain hopper and a jentil straw blower

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought 2 mf 700 silage trailers from dan,silage pit from george, xtra big size,universal hobbies 590, ford 5610 ,ford 7000 old type conversion from brian holms, alfa laval slurry tanker boxed ,boxed front cultivator britains with hitch,oak tree  , 4 trailers from brian norman, grain hopper and a jentil straw blower

someone with you got a milking parlour at a good discounted rate

i was very refrained, set a budget of £100 and came home with change :of

bought the following:

nodet fert spreader £30

raunch fert spreader £16.50

mf header trailer £4

old barn dvd £15

x2 other working tractor dvds £10

not bad for me, only trouble is i also bought the fendt 936 and 5f plough from dave towse but picking it up another day so it dosnt count :D

i was very refrained, set a budget of £100 and came home with change :of

bought the following:

nodet fert spreader £30

raunch fert spreader £16.50

mf header trailer £4

old barn dvd £15

x2 other working tractor dvds £10

not bad for me, only trouble is i also bought the fendt 936 and 5f plough from dave towse but picking it up another day so it dosnt count :D

And your mother was selling it as quick as she could ;D    Kept my son happy though

Your collection is growing very fast. Very nice models you have bought there.

Texas

Thanks Bas very pleased with them all, I can safely say I won't be purchasing any more for a while now but I do have some clearer thoughts as to where I'd like my collection to head next....namely Dumfries and more of those blue ones.  :)

@ Walterderwent/David : what a fantastic superb long list of models you have acquired at the show. That must have been a few trips up and down to the car i reccon? Pity i missed you there! And great seeing some of the christmas raffle money being WELLLLLLLLLLLL Spent!

Shame we didn't cross paths Wil would have been really good to catch up with you, maybe next time. :) Delighted to have scribbled out a few more from my neverending shopping list, luckily I had my parents with me and my Mum very graciously kept relieving me of all my bags taking them back to the car. Thankfully I had just enough change left over to buy them both Fish 'n' Chips on the way home. :) The F.T.F raffle prize certainly kick started my saving at the start of the year. :)

Mate, did you mean to spend that much??? I am in awe!!!

I'm attending my first M.T.C.A meeting tommorow (Model Tractor Collecting Addiction ) Neil. It's doing my health no good at all that they're still all sat in the same place they were last night.  ;D  More or less planned mate, i've been working and saving like crazy since christmas and it's nice to have something I enjoy to show for it. :)

David

I think you are single handedly trying overcome the UK recession by spending the equivalent of the national debt on models :of :of :of :of :of

I am now very jealous  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Endeavouring to do my bit Mike. Looks like you also purchased some very nice models. I stood gazing at Nigel's wonderful Leyland for a good while before parting with my pennies on other things, it looks superb:)

My little girl said she liked David because he was always smiling :)

I should think he was knowing he'd got that lot to look at when he got home :laugh: :laugh:

Great to catch up Paul, could have talked models to mountain bikes and everything in between for a lot longer. Hope your beautiful daughter had fantastic day too. It felt a bit like I was part of the Krypton Factor trying to open the packaging some of them were in when I got home. The following three certainly keep a smile on my face.....thanks Paul. :)

DSC06663.jpg

I was very controled

Weise fendt 615

Schuco fendt 211v

Kuhn power harrow

All from the ugly man ;D

Set of row crop wheels & a set of flotations

And a box full of other peoples tractors...the best way to sneek things past the wife ;) . just say they are all for customers and hide what you have bought in the box

But if I had lost control, I saw a very nice JD 3650 :'( , and a wagnhof ( spelling?) case. and one day I will buy a DBP ford

@ Leakeyvale/Sue : did you not make another purchase close-by? for the storage of models you acquire in your trip in the US shortly  ;D

No, Wil, I didn't.  I was intending to stop and get the set of luggage but I was having an odd feeling about my car and felt an urgent need to get on home.  The feeling was correct as on the way I had a warning light come on and had to stop to find out a) what it was and B) whether I could continue on my journey.  I did continue but my acceleration was poor, especially going uphill, so it is a good job I did not stop to shop. 

Car is fixed and it cost me nothing as it was covered by the warranty. 

I see Karin got her English mustard (as well as all those books!)  Nice meeting her and look forward to next year.

• 2 weeks later...

a bit late with the list` and i went a bit over the top for my first visit to spalding

8295R show model

8345R , 8020 prestige

joskin vacu tanker

joskin multi thing for the tanker

pdc 6420s and 2 sets of weights

8330 tracked conversion and blue subsoiler (and forgot to get the name of the stand)

and several different variasions of the uh valtra t

model farmer hard copy (cant wait til this is a permanent feature

and had to drag myself away before i bought several of the 40/50 series conversions thought i better leave something for october

@ Lady Fergie/Mandy : i hope business was good for you. I certainly will  be having to add a few extra items once i have started the....... with  the help of my girlfriend  of course  [img alt=:laugh:]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/laugh.gif

Yes, thanks, Will - it was sooooooooooo busy... only just recovered ::)

ps it was lovely to meet you both :-*

ha ha iv got loads more but i can never think of them untill just the rite time they need to be seid  ::);D

i know how you feel and usually the right time to say them is when your getting shouted out.. :P

bit late to say what i got but.. better late then pregnant :P

got the

New hard copy Model Farmer (a grate read)

Valtra C120

Parts to make a TS115 Bonet, air filter, exsust, witch needed alot of Modifing to make it work  ???

and a deposit on a JD 3630 ::) for October ;D

better late then never.

well tris .. bloody good topic ..ive been through all the pages on this topic ,and there was very little britains (new) bought, if it wasnt for the show model , there would be none hardly ..  i think people are taking note of the quality of other makes .. saying that ,still plenty of older britains  been bought ,hope they read this topic and wake up

You must have been reading a different thread  ???

The majority of the lists here contain some Britains, but I think the overwhelming impression is that most of those who have posted are going for more expensive models, rather than toys - there isn't much Siku mentioned either (apart from their more highly detailed i.e. expensive items.

Perhaps those who bought Britains have chosen not to post here  ;)

You must have been reading a different thread  ???

The majority of the lists here contain some Britains, but I think the overwhelming impression is that most of those who have posted are going for more expensive models, rather than toys - there isn't much Siku mentioned either (apart from their more highly detailed i.e. expensive items.

Perhaps those who bought Britains have chosen not to post here  ;)

i agree with you there i must say, i bought only top end stuff as thats what i wanted, kind of gone of run of the mill stuff latley, nothing against the brands, just preffer the hand built stuff

I know a couple of people that came over from the Netherlands and literally bought for 1000's of pounds of rare and old Britains! And the general idea amongst sellers was that a lot of Britains was being sold. (atleast that is what i gathered from some of them..)

But probably the forum members on here that attended have bought some other stuff that they had a liking in. A lot of the members i saw there, bought hand built models or rare items..

I brought Britains only as thats all I collect, with the exception of the Magnum 180 Stars and Stripes from Ertl but I couln't resist that for £40 and its almost Britains.  ;)  My expenditure of £200 seems pitiful compared to what others spent, but I always only take money I have earnt on the side to Spalding, that way there can be no accusations of wasting money on silly models if you see where Im coming from. ;) 

My Spalding purchases were, and collecting habits in general are now much more focused and geared towards manufacturers such as Wiking, Shuco, UH and Weise etc, and i'm very keen to add to my DBP and PDC themes running through my collection too. Compared to last year I went with a much more pre-planned and defined shopping list this time. 

I'll never buy new standard Britains or Siku models from Spalding because they're readily available locally from various outlets and that's a part of the enjoyment of heading to a toyfair like Spalding, being able to see and buy models you don't see by the shelf full in a newsagents. Aside from the Britains badged Toy Farmer artics I only bought one other genuine Britains tractor a Same Galaxy 170 in my attempt to re-collect what I once played with as a child, compared to last April year's show where I bought quite a few older Ertl and Britains from my younger days.

I looked at and debated purchasing a number of others this year including the yellow County 1884 which I remember with fondness from my carpet farming days. But, as i've mentioned to a couple of other members outside the public domain of the forum, given their asking price on the day i'd rather at the moment have a DBP model or put the money towards a Miniagripassion John Deere instead.

That's not to say i'll stop buying new Britains altogether, especially after seeing their recent developments on the F.T.F stand. ;)     

For me more than I thought when I just checked my boxes ::)

Dave Purdue MF390H

Schuco MB Trac 1800 black

Schuco MB Trac 800 red/white

Weise Fendt 615

Siku Deutz Agrotron 210 orange

Siku Widermann Hoftrac yellow!!

Unimog at work book

And several tractors to butcher convert for Moira Show

Now i'm all set for Moira I might unpack my Spalding buys and have a good look at them ::)

• 2 months later...