mf implements

mfjack

there was a te 20 roller set up at ,alvern opp the ftf stand, amazing thing to see first and only one i have seen to

Made by Twose mate... that was an earlier version.. but I'm not sure much changed really.  There were not popular as I understand it... the only other one I know of is in the private collection of Mr Paul Rackham in Norfolk

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thread Lord F  ;)

My neighbour has a MF backhoe based on  (I think) a 65 - no decals but could it be a 203?

thanks John... no I am no expert on industrials... but.. I THINK.. the industrial 65 was called the 65 (R or S)... (two gearboxes... one instant reverse (torque converter), they other standard gearbox)... the 165 was called the 3165 in the states... but here it was an MF3303 or 3305.  The 203, 203x and 205x were all 35 based machines I do believe - it's all very confusing... we had an MF40 and MF50 tractor too which was a hard nosed version of the 135 and 168/175 (A4.236)

Good info in this thread, keep the items coming Marky. There must be a MF beet harvester or Potato harvester, I know they did a potato spinner, what about planter as well?

Britain had the 3165S Marky and I would think the 3165R was available. I'd like to know how many were sold.

Good info in this thread, keep the items coming Marky. There must be a MF beet harvester or Potato harvester, I know they did a potato spinner, what about planter as well?

Britain had the 3165S Marky and I would think the 3165R was available. I'd like to know how many were sold.

yup an MF 711 potato harvester  :)

yes

yes

yes

Right first up... I stand corrected there was a 3165 R and S .... blimey this is confusing..

MF702_Page_3-1.jpg

Spuddy harvester... as me lernid friend Mr Marcus Singeon Barrett stated above... the 711...

MF711_Page_1.jpg

Spuddy planter...

MF718_4_Page_1.jpg

And a couple of examples of unit seeders... or which there were a fair few over the years and around the world...

MF32 was UK...

MF32_Page_1.jpg

This was for export markets only

MF401_Page_1-2.jpg

thanks John... no I am no expert on industrials... but.. I THINK.. the industrial 65 was called the 65 (R or S)... (two gearboxes... one instant reverse (torque converter), they other standard gearbox)... the 165 was called the 3165 in the states... but here it was an MF3303 or 3305.  The 203, 203x and 205x were all 35 based machines I do believe - it's all very confusing... we had an MF40 and MF50 tractor too which was a hard nosed version of the 135 and 168/175 (A4.236)

Mark this beaten up old thing was on the farm I volunteer at earlier this year, can you identify it? I guessed either a MF20 or MF40, but I know nothing about these:

ThisMF20iscrap_4.jpg

sorry lads i ment implements they did not make like surry tankers

sorry jack :-[

they made those too mate there was the mf 17 and some others that im sure marky will know

I'm pretty sure the MF 100 series tankers were built by Marston Agricultural Services. I'm not sure if Marston sold the single axle/traction tyre version in their own range or if it was a special build for MF. 

The MF 17 was built by another manufacturer whose name escapes me at present (I think it was a manufacturer now extinct).  There was also a larger tandem axle version (MF19?) - the first farm I worked on when I left school in 1981 had an ageing tandem axle one in the manufacturers normal yellow paintwork (well, paint and rust at that time  ;D ), and the next door farm had one that was identical apart from being in MF livery.

It was sometimes the case that the equipment that MF sourced from third party manufacturers, although at first glance identical to that manufacturers own product, was built to a slightly different spec for supply to MF - the 60/70's Weeks trailers were a case in point; although similar to the Weeks own version, the MF supplied ones had stronger axles and I seem to think that the MF axles were adjustable to 3 positions on the chassis, where Weeks own version had only two positions (I might have mis remembered that, perhaps someone else could confirm or otherwise).