Harvest 2010

Smithy140

I used to do that too, get it under 500 and it would go. It has changed since, either as part of a system upgrade or a manual install but I don't know which or why ???

Has the 820 been at this farm since new Joe?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pictures of our lexion 460 evolution cutting the barley on the 20th july beside the A12 at belstead at about 3 tons an acre,osr finished last thursday,wheat started last friday until it rained fri night

post-1111-132639409481_thumb.jpg

post-1111-132639409514_thumb.jpg

Harvest finally started for us today, we managed to miss the rain here yesterday unlike places 6 miles away which got flooded :of  Started cutting our OSR mid afternoon and by 7.30pm had knocked 20 acres down, looks to be running quite well too, just a shame I'm having to leave waist high stubble (Tris would get lost in it :P;D ) as the stalks are so green still, daren't leave it any longer as we could lose it so one of the lads is on the topper tomorrow. Will get some pictures as and when I can

Also saw some other guys out harvesting today on a trip to Bury St Edmunds with my boss - she was driving so no photos but I saw a big red and silver MF boxy thing, a 4xx series Lexion by the A14, a TX66 near Ipswich parked up and a Lexion 570+ near Wickham Market... I did get some photos of something yellow though, coming up soon!

post-1701-132639410766_thumb.jpg

post-1701-13263941081_thumb.jpg

I used to do that too, get it under 500 and it would go. It has changed since, either as part of a system upgrade or a manual install but I don't know which or why ???

Has the 820 been at this farm since new Joe?

Its been there since 2006 I think Tris; previously they had a TX32, which is still around, about 7 miles from Ellesmere, I have some photos here somewhere of it.  The reg plate on the CX has Ernest Doe on it so must have been from Essex originally  :)

Morning!

Those are the Kerr/Haywood's beasts, currently parked up near Kettleburgh. I got a tip off from an informant who lives out that way - she's going to hopefully let me know when they are working again!

There's acres and acres of OSR out that way looking ready to go, but at the moment it's rather damp...  :-\

/m.

I thought so ::)  Dad works at Kerr's ;)  those Lexi's have a lot of ground to cover :of

Have you seen them tip that Rolland trailer into a waiting lorry yet?

Now seeing that Rolland tip into an artic is something I wouldn't mind having a peek at!

Nice photos chaps, nice Lexion on the stubble with grey skies behind. Nice shot of the dusty NH too, big old machine they are.

TX32 Joe? Quality machine! 8)

Packed up at 10pm last night with 2hrs left in this 60ac piece of wheat. Wanted to go on but farmer hasn't got trailer tail lights and its a 8 mile haul ::) Expected overnight rain didn't come, no dew either. Rain expected before lunchtime though so I'm going already. Nice.

What combine is it? Some combines will blow it out the back if you havn't got enough crop going through them. Also, what is the grain sample like?

The combine is a john deere t670, the grain sample is pretty good aswell, weve got plenty of crop going through it aswell

The combine is a john deere t670, the grain sample is pretty good aswell, weve got plenty of crop going through it aswell

Open the concave till the returns get too high.. if the returns are clean grain then open the bottom sieve.. if the sample gets worse then speed up the fan till the grain gets in the windrow.....

The T series are well known that you can open the concave a bit.. even more in wheat.. a bit like the C670.

That is why they are known as the highest capacity walker combines in the world!

8)

saw a nice minter tx65 parked up in the mist this morning out kingsbridge way, and a few miles furhter got stuck behind a claas dommy ??, he pulled down a lane before i could get close enough to see what number, but not to big, again in the mist so must be off to the yard or next filed ready

Put down 34 acres of 4t/ac winter wheat yesterday between 10.30 and 21.30 which included about 1hr waiting for trailers in total and a stop to put crop lifters on and take them off again. Not bad going for the TX34 I think. I managed 35ac with a TX32 once but that was an 08.00 start and a 22.00 finish but it did include unloading stationary.

Didn't go on today due the next field wanting to be small baled and the straw not really being ready. Got the 34 serviced up and the brakes adjusted though and spent the rest of the day back at the yard. Still hoping for play in the in 480 somewhen  :-\ :)