Harvest 2010

Smithy140

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great pictures simon,i love the old dominators

Cheers Paul, they are one of the best looking of all types of ag machines, although I think the 5 & 6 walker machines look nicer than the 4, just a bit chunkier....  :)

Nice photos Paul, looks like there was a good crop there judging by the straw but I bet it was a slow job picking it all up.

Also the Dominator shots, Simon - nice bit of evening sun on the tin work mate. Dad happy with the harvest this year? The kids seem to be!

Couple of smashing sets of photographs there Paul and Simon of two very smart smaller combines. Aside from the odd field of beans harvest is done and dusted for another year around the area I live and most farmers have got stuck straight into autumn cultivations now.

Here's an alternative view from one of my favourite combines of harvest 2010.

DSC08836.jpg

Thanks Dave...  :)

He is Tris, can't remember whether I told you but Marlbrook is all up for sale... the new owner of part of it wants us to have an FBT on it but they can't afford to buy all of land... there's a further 70 acres which the owner, [and our former share farming partner] is trying to get us to buy... it's the crappiest bit of the farm really, but cutting the most awkward field last night it yeilded the best of all the fields there this season, so if the price is right we may end up buying it... [rather conveniently, it also surrounds the house I want to buy  [ http://www.andrew-grant.co.uk/pdf.php?vars=propertypdf-sales-adgrps-COU090163-1280924643 ], and I just got to my PC to get a lotto ticket online with 5 minutes to spare... so maybe there's something in the air!  ???  :laugh:  :laugh: ]

I managed to snap these two with my phone whilst driving home this lunchtime (don't tell BGU or Robbo :P ). Its one of our neighbours, they usually have two Lexion 580's, one on hire and the other is an owner driver they use however he's had to go home and cut some of his own wheat today so another local farmer has sent one of his John Deeres in to help and I was also tol that another local estate has sent their Lexion 600 in to help them finish as well......this is what happens when a new young manager takes on 510 more acres without thinking about the extra manpower and machinery they need when they are already working at their limit ::)

011-17.jpg

012-16.jpg

They always seem to keep combining with the unloading auger out up your way gav, never see it down here, any ideas why?

He'd just put it out ready to empty, augers are kept in at all other times on that farm as they use the round and round cutting method usually, makes it easier for the trailer boys that way with knowing who needs to empty the most urgently

He'd just put it out ready to empty, augers are kept in at all other times on that farm as they use the round and round cutting method usually, makes it easier for the trailer boys that way with knowing who needs to empty the most urgently

Gavalar... is the round and round method a recognized method then mate... and does that mean (quite literally) round and round the field in an ever decreasing circle ???

You can see the cart heading over in that image of the JD combine actually... It's only weeks ago now... but it seems like a year since I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end as I get the first load of the year  :):P  I guess it comes naturally to an old seasoned pro like you Gav... but it does give me a buzz still I must say  :P:-[

Gavalar... is the round and round method a recognized method then mate... and does that mean (quite literally) round and round the field in an ever decreasing circle ???

You can see the cart heading over in that image of the JD combine actually... It's only weeks ago now... but it seems like a year since I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end as I get the first load of the year  :):P  I guess it comes naturally to an old seasoned pro like you Gav... but it does give me a buzz still I must say  :P:-[

Still gives me a buzz every year Mark  :-[:-[ :-[

All done in Suffolk now, last fields mopped up late last week locally... Time to start the loooong wait until July next year!

Anyway, I've been lazy getting the photos on here, so here are links to some on my web site...

http://www.malcp.com/201008harvest/Page.html

http://www.malcp.com/20100821MoreHarvest/Page.html

http://www.malcp.com/20100903SeptHarvest/index.html

As always, click on a little picture to get a bigger one!

Enjoy.

/malc.

I caught the tail end of this year's harvest at the top of our hill. The (?)wheat crop looked quite weather beaten.

Another Massey combine this year but a change from the usual 36 with this 7272: IMG_2440.jpgIMG_2439.jpgIMG_2455.jpg

On carting duties a Massey 3095 and Ford 7810, both with Marstons: IMG_2451.jpgIMG_2449.jpgIMG_2463.jpg

And this lovely 7495 with a Hesston 4900 big square baler chased them round: IMG_2442.jpgIMG_2453.jpgIMG_2446.jpg

Just after I took this photo the 7810 accidently hit the old gate post with the laden trailer, he wasn't square to it: IMG_2465.jpg

Un-orthodox way of moving the bales (sorry for the poor quality I was some distance away)

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

Great pics , like the one off the ford on the track , is it all  the farmers kit or is it contractors or a mix ?  As for the Un-orthodox way off moving the bale , boss where i work did that a few years ago exept he drove over the bale with the front  ;D  was pretty funny altho he broke the bale backing off it.