Driffield Show 2010 ( Machinery Stand Photographs )

My first full day off for a while very conveniently coincided with Driffield Show which I haven't attended in years. Undeterred by the irritating effects of hayfever I decided to treat Mum to a day out in the countryside and head over to Kellythorpe Showground along with my camera aswell for the day.

Here are my mainly machinery based snapshots from a decent and very warm day at Driffield Show. Starting with the combines and a gorgeous golden oldie, a Massey Ferguson 410 seen on second hand dealer G M Stephenson's stand.

DSC07604.jpg

DSC07614.jpg

Modern Masseys.

DSC07591.jpg

DSC07619.jpg

Moving onto the tractors and commencing once again from the stand of machinery dealer G M Stephenson and my favourite tractor I found today, an immaculate bubble cabbed Ford 8210 2wd. It was on offer for a shade over £6,000. Perhaps I should have enquired regards the possibility of a part exchange?....For three hundred model ones.

DSC07602.jpg

DSC07601.jpg

Smart looking TS110 on the same stand.

DSC07605.jpg

Followed by a baby blue on Russell Farm Mcahinery's Stand.

DSC07578.jpg

Seen on Robert D. Webster's stand was this impressive line up of T6000 and T7000 series tractors, this is the first time i've seen the dark blue livery in the flesh which I thought looked really smart. There was also another example seen on Russell's stand too.

DSC07610.jpg

DSC07609.jpg

DSC07608.jpg

DSC07612.jpg

DSC07576.jpg

Trailers, starting with those manufactured by resident East Yorkshire companies Easterby and Triffitt whilst Stewart were represented by Hardwick Agricultural Engineers.

DSC07594.jpg

DSC07593.jpg

DSC07583.jpg

DSC07572.jpg

Hardwick's also had this smart looking McHale F540 round baler on their stand.

DSC07571.jpg

Whilst Ripon Farm Services had this beefy looking Sumo Versadrill on there's.

DSC07549.jpg

Now i'm very certain there's many more machinery stands I missed with my lens ( Grimme and Merlo, etc. ) But given that I had my Mum with me for company she was insistant I take some photographs of the things that most interested her at the show too, rather than have me drool and gawp at all the shiny new metal on display.

So to a very different form of horse power and the magnificent and beautiful sight of the farm and heavy horses on display.

DSC07543.jpg

DSC07625.jpg

DSC07627.jpg

DSC07628.jpg

DSC07629.jpg

DSC07630.jpg

That's now the end of my small photographic tour from a very enjoyable Driffield Show. The weather became really warm and bright over the course of the afternoon so on the way back home I decided to stick to the back roads and take Mum around the countryside she knew and grew up around as a child, whilst I was hoping to find a few combines out to play, which wasn't to be the case.

I did however take these overlooking Knapton Silo and the Vale of Pickering.

DSC07633.jpg

DSC07635.jpg

nice photos david

looks a good show i like that dennis bale stack transporter thing its a good idea

Thanks Jack, it looked like a very smart and useful piece of equipment. Both Mum and I really enjoyed ourselves today, it's been a very long time since I last attended this show and i'm glad I did given the opportunity. It was very busy ( probably the reason I saw nothing working on the way back home ) and I also managed catch up with a few friends whilst stuffing myself silly on pork rolls, fudge and cinder toffee. :)

great photos as always david

Thank you Paul, enjoyed getting out and about with my camera again. :)

Nice show and lovely shots of it David ;) ;)

Thanks Bill, very well laid out and enjoyable show and I also came home with a few bargains for my collection too. :)

Thanks Jack, it looked like a very smart and useful piece of equipment. Both Mum and I really enjoyed ourselves today, it's been a very long time since I last attended this show and i'm glad I did given the opportunity. It was very busy ( probably the reason I saw nothing working on the way back home ) and I also managed catch up with a few friends whilst stuffing myself silly on pork rolls, fudge and cinder toffee. :)

Thank you Paul, enjoyed getting out and about with my camera again. :)

Thanks Bill, very well laid out and enjoyable show and I also came home with a few bargains for my collection too. :)

can i ask what your purchases were david?

can i ask what your purchases were david?

I bought both versions of the Universal Hobbies McCormick CX105  ( old and current livery ) and also a Joal Landini Legend 165 for very little money. I'll update my collection thread with photographs of them once my camera battery has charged back up.

nice pictures as always david ,must say i have never seen a second hand dealer at a show before, ok seen a few demo or 1 yea rold mint dealer loaners for sale, but not older stuff like the 410 or ford

Thanks Sean, a first for me aswell at a large agricultural show. Great to see the 410 combine and 8210, arguably the stars of the show in my eyes. They also had their low loader on display too which had a Deutz Fahr Starliner 4040 combine aboard.

Lovely MF 410 there.

Highlight of all of those photos to be honest 8)

Thanks Colm, wonderful looking combine, it was great to see older classic equipment on display on a dealer's stand as a contrast to the new stuff. Seeing both the 410 and 8210 pleased me immensely. :)