UH New Releases 2011

AJH

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take back what i said about the MF 230 not being in 1/32. :-[The 240 will do me fine in 1/32. No pics were posted of the 240 when i posted that comment. Want one.  :P DBP models will have to drop the price of there 240 bigtime to compete with UH one tough. David Purdue must not have seen this coming.

Phew... at last... the suspense has been killing me... the 240 was indeed Mavis... and the 230 is also born from this measurement... I'm not sure that the front grill is wrong... but time will tell when we can compare it against the real thing - It looks to be bloody good to me... and as you can imagine.. I'll be a little bit keen to get my sweaty hands on one or two of those for sure  :P:-*

As for a 135QD... sadly... although the cab was made by the same maker (Cabcraft of Wolverhampton)... they are different in quite a few areas.... the front screen (as Sean said) and the wingtops especially. It just won't make a 135QD ... you'll just have to wait for the real one to come out I reckon  ;)

Well done UH... You've made an old man VERY happy  :P:-*:-*

hhhmm interesting, Looks pretty good to me!  :)

Marky just out of curiosity, what is the time scale on the first thought on making a 240, to measuring it etc and then to now?  ???

It depends on the urgency mate... they CAN turn things around pretty quickly I believe.. but as a genreal rule of thumb it's a good 12 months minimum I'd say... It was a good while ago that Mavis was given the once over.. it's been like waiting for Christmas for me  :-[:D :D :D

Roll on release date that's all I can say  :D :D :D

I take back what i said about the MF 230 not being in 1/32. :-[The 240 will do me fine in 1/32. No pictures were posted of the 240 when i posted that comment. Want one.  :P DBP models will have to drop the price of there 240 bigtime to compete with UH one tough. David Purdue must not have seen this coming.

the 240 looks spot on, cant wait to get it  ;D

For me it is nice to know wich tractor they measured and espacialy that i had the change the OWNER given me to drive the beauty!

And give him the blame that my Girlfriend everytime she see´s a 240 that she is calling MAVIS!!!! (if it has a cab like Mavis!)

And that i need to buy a MF 240 for her! (a real one!) but i am glad to buy a MF in scale 1:32 that i have drove ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry Mark to get exited again!

Owh and my girlfriend said you have to buy that model for me :of

I'll happily buy Sandra one Johnny  ;):-* ... you can buy your own  :D :D :D

As you say... it will be nice to add some provenance to the model when it comes out hey buddy

I take it Mark considering you changed your pic to the 240,its like all your XMASs came at once! ;D A must for your collection. :)

Nothing new with the MF 240 and UH!

DBP has been making one of these for a while!

So many masseys to choose from but lets choose one thats already being made by a small uk model maker (and a very good one at that)

I personally think UH models are great and have lots of them in my collection, BUT is an independant model maker like Dave really a threat to UH? I think not SO LEAVE THEM ALONE and get on with coming up with some original ideas and make good models of them!

The only problem with your argument mate is the price, those DBPs left go for £200 (not always Dave's choice I am sure)  whereas this one will be circa £30-40 I imagine, plus Dave can't do anywhere near the numbers UH could, I agree the quality is unsurpassed though.

The only problem with your argument mate is the price, those DBPs left go for £200 (not always Dave's choice I am sure)  whereas this one will be circa £30-40 I imagine, plus Dave can't do anywhere near the numbers UH could, I agree the quality is unsurpassed though.

With ya there. Im sure  Daves model is outstanding,but for such a small model its unafordable for lots of collectors unless you really love your Masseys and what it badly. I still admire lots of Daves Countys & Fords which are very desirable & i hope to get a few of em some day. But im going to take UHs example for the simple fact of value for money for now.

I'll happily buy Sandra one Johnny  ;):-* ... you can buy your own  :D :D :D

As you say... it will be nice to add some provenance to the model when it comes out hey buddy

funny you said that buddy she just asked if you are coming to Zwolle this year because she is coming with me this year! ;D ;D

And she did read that post!!! :P :P :P :P