Whats your latest Farm/Construction buy 2011

Gav836

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought these wooden model prototypes, which I'm hoping I can have made into reasonably priced kits. The  workbench needs to be shorter and I'm planning on a pack of two, with two similar tall shelves for the 1:32 workshop (I've put a few Italeri and our own bits and pieces on to show the scale). They'll be on a sprue like our pig arks and I've found them really easy to paint. The gate below is supposed to look like it's on a concrete base (and the modeller has suggested making a cattle grid using similar methods).

The walling is actually for Warhammer, but I'm thinking about how it would look in 1:32 scale :-\  Personally, I like the removeable brick detail :)

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

The New Holland combine was a nice find Niels, I think I have 'a few' of them in the attic waiting for a rainy day  :) :)

This is the first version which says Clayson 8070 rather than New Holland. It would be a nice model if the header was intact. Now toying with the idea of converting it and putting a 20ft header on her. That is, if I would ever find time to do so  ::)

Few more new models joined the fleet:

MF 1014 from Weise Toys (€58,00 is to much  >:( )

Amazone fronttank & sprayer from UH

JD 3120 from Schuco. Nice model but rear wheels very oversized compared to the front ones and also no roll over bar or anything sadly. Needs a nice Fritzmeyer frame.

Oh dear oh dear.. Just ignore them Niels is my advice... It appears that 'the evil bazza' is back and trying to prod me again... I had him arrested for that last time.. The police arrived just as he was applying the Vaseline  :of

He's a 'closet MF man.. You know it, I know it, he knows it'  but the poor boy is having problems coming to terms with it  :-\

another jd,this time the deleted britains jd 7920,this is one ugly tractor,horrible tyres,way to big side mounted cab lights and no mirrors,so will be another conversion

Farmmodels do some decent tyres for this. There is a topic on here regarding fitting these tyres I think, improves the look  :)

Early (first?) version of this model had rounded off front mudguards and are not very common. According to David Pullen they are narrower as well.

Farmmodels do some decent tyres for this. There is a topic on here regarding fitting these tyres I think, improves the look  :)

Early (first?) version of this model had rounded off front mudguards and are not very common. According to David Pullen they are narrower as well.

do you have a  link paul?

I think I sold that tractor now, if I still had it I would have happily sent the tyres your way. Try Karen though, she may have some still.

just seen the link tris,definately smart tyres,i think i have a spare set from a siku jd 7430,i will try them tomorrow,if not i will contact karen