Whats your latest general buy 2011?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet you have fun with that Mark  ;D

For us (well the farm) a 2003 Claas Liner 880 profil rake to keep ahead of the baler in grass, so much faster and easier to use than our old single rotor 430 liner

the farm has bought recently

an 11kw gaia wind turbine should be going up soon

a 25ft henton bale trailer

and a massey 7274 combine with 22ft table a bit big but hopefully we'll be doing some contracting with it

we got planning in for a 55kw, dont no if it will past

the farm has bought recently

an 11kw gaia wind turbine should be going up soon

a 25ft henton bale trailer

and a massey 7274 combine with 22ft table a bit big but hopefully we'll be doing some contracting with it

Niiiiiiiiiiiice!! Be nice to see some more modern pics of an MF combine  :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

A new laptop to replace my flaky desktop machine and my ancient laptop.  I have only been looking for 12 months as I need a 32-bit machine rather than a 64-bit one.  This one has all the bells and whistles.

17.3" HD screen

Webcam

Wireless LAN

1TB (dual) hard drive

Intel i5 processor

Win7 Professional 32-bit operating system.

Oh I am a happy bunny now.  It is not cheap at £1100 although that includes all the setting up but I had budgetted for rather more.  I should have it next week.

Perhaps I should post this in the Land Rover topic. This is my most recent 'general' buy, bought off eBay on Saturday late afternoon and drove it home the same evening. A mate of mine whent with me to have a good look at it last Thursday evening, give it a test drive. Been looking for some time now for a Defender County, this one being pretty tidy for its age and only having done 68,000 miles and around the price I was prepared to pay for such together with only being 50 odd miles away I thought I'd have a go. It was on for 10 days, one enquiry and no bids so I was the only bidder.

LRCounty01.jpg

LRCounty02.jpg

LRCounty03.jpg

That looks like a good buy Tim, looks like its been well looked after by the previous owner. Unusual to see one that age with no signs of corrosion starting to show on the rear door too.