New Grainstore........20 years late...!!!

unkelfergus

Jo! :of   

I assume you mean the builders may get it totally wrong.

(Auntie Jo, you must not make such comments as the boys will take it as an opportunity to be VERY naughty).

Quite right Auntie Sue - that is what I meant of course, and I will be careful to avoid such language in the future. ;D

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite right Auntie Sue - that is what I meant of course, and I will be careful to avoid such language in the future. ;D

Mind you Unkelfergus could have used a better form of words in the first place.  I suspect you will have a quiet word in his ear - this is a family forum after all! ;D

Look... can we stop this potty mouth talk plllllllllllease... Mike... you are an 'officer of de leure' are you not... arrest Auntie Jo for... er... incestuous thoughts.... Unk for having a large erection during the hours of daylight... and give Auntie Sue a job as Chair of the FTF neighbourhood watch scheme for ATTEMPTING to clean up FTF and make our streets... er..... boards.... a safe place to walk in the evenings, without fear of tripping over a badly placed double entendre.

dirty people  >:(

Kind regards

The Reverend Mark Channell

and you know why choir boys have a centre parting... right  ;):-[:P

i hope young cerin doesnt see this sort of post, the poor boy will be scared with talk like that from his mummy  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not to mention his uncle! ::)

Thanks for the support, now Reverend. Lord Marky Ferguson Channell.  I echo your comment but please understand I am no Mary Whitehouse!  :of Let's get this topic back on track. I expect unkelfergus to keep us informed on the raising of the new grainstore.

Come on Tris,...you know you want to......... :-X

I have been informed that tha steelwork will be arriving on thursday,........................I dont get back there till saturday. I have ordered my "spy" to keep an eye on things and photograph any progress . ;)

• 2 weeks later...

It never happened last week because of a slight mix up of four main pieces that were missing after galvanising.

They have been found and it will start arriving tomorrow.

All of the zed purlins and braces and small stuff arrived at lunchtime.....

2z66ryo.jpg

Started the drains on the south side late yesterday afternoon,......

an early morning view,..

qwyru1.jpg

xc0hl3.jpg

A mad rush to get them all filled in and tidied up before the building starts to go up tomorrow....

23j4ygh.jpg

53uwer.jpg

Some late afternoon pictures......

nd1wgn.jpg

j8z51h.jpg

344pks6.jpg

More pictures tomorrow.... :) :)

getting exciting now then Unk.... where do the drains run to... soakaway ??? .. main drains ??? ditch ??? hooooooooooooooge water butt the size of Seans bottom ???

Good luck on getting it all erected John... call me if you need me to come over and help (by making the tea and offering words of encouragement..)

If you ever have a few minutes spare Graham,call in,....I'm never far away at the moment,....either on this building or in the workshop..... ;)

Mark,.....in the last picture where the shadow on the hedge ends, the pipe goes through and stops. When we get the first cut of grass off, I will continue the pipe another 90 metres back to a pond the size of Sean's belly... ;D ;D ;D .

At the other end the pipe goes to a ditch in our neighbours garden.

They reckon they will have it up by saturday.... ;)

Well,..everything else arrived today......

2w5680i.jpg

.........................apart from the bloody steel.. >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

Lorry broke down on the way this morning..(so they say ;) ),...will be here 7am tomorrow without fail... :-X :-X

Had a little drain to sort out instead...

15dlaj9.jpg

...and believe me,..it was little but moving a fair trickle of water as you will see.

The clay drain was 45mm diameter,..one of the smallest I have seen,...it was 40 inches below the surface... :of

Out with the massey and trencher....

r85dhh.jpg

dngbjd.jpg

You couldn't walk across the little wet patch to the right of the trencher without sinking half a welly.... ;)

we saw some progress today john ,was it an old french drain john they work well dont they good job for the trencher , i will pop in to see you , job to get concrete down the road they laid the drivers off back in winter an lorrys have been sold ,now when you want a decent pour no lorrys for it ,will you pour the concrete yourselfs

Will be doing the concrete ourselves Graham,....not really looking forward to it but cant justify the extra expense.

Will have to give lord fergie a shout to come and visit the same day as we have about ten loads in......... ;) ;) ;)

Good progress today Graham,....it will dwarf the other buildings... :of :of