Evrard sprayers

FNHIR

I sent this query to Warner for you since he probably knows the best answer!

He has just responded :)

Hi Andy,

This Everard Sprayer was issued in 9615 in 1987 with the MF2680 and finished in 2000 with the MF3680. I had persuaded Britains that they should have a Sprayer with a front mounted tank and I had identified Everard as a French Company that were making in-roads into the UK with their Sprayers. Britains were also very keen to produce more for the EU market and Everard fitted that bill. The front tank of 9615 & 9607 was mounted on the original 'muledozer' fittings under the tractor. The MF 3680 was the last of the original line up of tractors that had those fixings moulded underneath. As soon as these tractors left the range ( not before time!) there was no way the front tank could be fitted to any Britains tractors. However I tried, till I was blue in the face to get them to market the rear tank with the sprayer , but it never happened. I hope that gives the answer you require.

That's what I was thinking  ;D

It is kind of odd though isn't it? For instance the Evrard fitted on a Ford 5610 (the wheels of which were better suited to spraying anyway!) and presumably others, so it would surely have made sense to sell it on its own?

I sent this query to Warner for you since he probably knows the best answer!

He has just responded :)

Thanks Andy, only just spotted your reply now! How great it would have been if Britains had listened to Warner a bit more!

it would be nice to hear of other items warner did for britains that never got the nod .

Daz

the lst is endless daz, chaffer storage tank for the sprayer, the lorrys that recently went on vectis, a mf 699 from memory, there was a article in the old farm and site mag from memory before it disapeared

That's what I was thinking  ;D

It is kind of odd though isn't it? For instance the Evrard fitted on a Ford 5610 (the wheels of which were better suited to spraying anyway!) and presumably others, so it would surely have made sense to sell it on its own?

agreed, the front tank did fit the tw20/7710/5610 variants, but unlike the big Massey's the ford's front wheels wouldn't steer