Zwolle 2011

FordTractorCrazy

Well, i've just about awoken from my much need slumber a little more refreshed than how I was feeling from the drive home earlier this morning. I reckon the only thing that needs some attention is my chin after my jaw dropped to the floor from entering the ijsselhallen at Zwolle for the first time on Saturday morning and never got picked back up off the floor for the remainder of the day. For someone like myself it really was an extraordinary sight, viewing model tractors wall to wall in a venue so large. :of8)

It was great to finally put faces to names of many more F.T.F members. I had a brilliant time meeting up with Bas, Wil, Rieko, Jack, Jan, Erik, Johny, Sandra and many more fantastic like minded friends besides including those who had also made the trip across to the mainland. It made the trip all the more memorable and rewarding. Saturday night back at the "F.T.F Palace" too sharing drinks with Johny, Sandra and their friends from Belgium made for a very enjoyable evening, especially with all those "scenic views" to be found.  :P:-* 

Thanks again Andy for booking us into such luxurious and comfortable accomodation. :)

I've come home with some really nice models for my own collection, the blonde from Mcdona....., some lovely articulated tractors and several custom built conversions that i'll post information on and photographs of in due course. I spent most of both mornings at the show taking photographs before the crowds came in. Please be patient, i'll post the majority of them in due course. :)

All in all it was one of the best weekends away i've had, great to be representing the forum and Model Farmer, ( hopefully not the last ) there was loads of interest being shown in both the magazine and the 2wd 1056XL. Thanks to Mark, Tris, Sean and Andy for putting up with me for the whole of trip they were great company and there was plenty banter and bottom burps to be shared over the course of the weekend.

Thanks again for chaffeuring too Mark, the Rodeo did us proud as the "F.T.F fun bus." the few hundred yards from McDonalds back to the hotel was an epic enough little trip in itself, almost like they didn't want us to leave. :D

Enough of my rambling, time to grab some lunch, unpack my models and continue to recount a very memorable weekend by sorting through the photographs i've taken. :)

David.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D :D :D ... you two boys.... what a giggle it all was.... The McDonalds incident reminded me so much of groundhog day  :D :D :D ... great company and one of the best laughs I've had in a long while... being a miserable 44 year old fart I don't get many 'eye watering, stop breathing, sides hurting' giggle moments these days and I got a lot more than a years worth this weekend I am pleased to say  ;D

I'm thinking of starting the FTF Healthy Eating club so we can set an example to our younger members and demonstrate just how to react in a full on 'survival situation' such as a 3 day stay away from home like Zwolle... I think we also showed the Dutch just what we makes us Brits so discerning when it comes to 'grub'  :P:) .. which reminds me.. I have a 'Biffi-Roll hot' in the car with my name on it  ;D

As for the ladies in the hotel... nope... didn't even notice them  :-[

mmm forgot about the hotel staff  :P :P :P :P :P as for the maccy d's return trip ,i dread to think what the people in the houses thought ,big black pickup driving round like that, 5 up must have looked very sinister, but we did get to see parts of zwole that maybe we should not have i guess,

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

my show report:

First : Mark is AWESOME 8) 8) :of8):-*:-* :-*  , still cant believe the present you had for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's getting a special spot!

then, great to meet up with the loads of friends i have made in the past couple of years since i got the collecting bug big time. Not only the many Dutch collector's i have come to know from the past years, but also great to see the FTF members on a different location then Spalding.

I had a couple of great laughs with them, or because of them as i had the best look at the FTF/Model Farmer stand of everyone. on Sunday morning it seemed that Saturday evening had been quite a lonnnnnnnggggg and thirsty night ;)

great to meet David "The Camera". It was obvious he was enjoying the show tremendously. Dont think i have seen him without a smile on his face, and camera in his hand. Will look forward to the pictures.

I sadly did not have time enough to make pictures or see the whole show. I had loads of errands to run on Saturday, and only made a real quick round where i found 1 model i had on my wishlist.

Did buy a lot of the general releases that fit my collection. But was happiest with the models that came from England.

Mark's present was the best ever!!!!!, Also Andy brought a really nice rare model for me with him. Really happy with that one as well.. and last but not least bought a roadless 120 from G&B Models...

great to see Richard again like every year, next year the show model is yours again  ;)

then got a scratch built NH 2305 self propelled forage harvester built by genius Dutch builders, Ronnie Post, Johan Bos and Richard van der Veen.

Had quite a few great conversations with people that liked the models i was showing(A Versatile collection), sold only a couple of models i wanted to get rid off and sold a whole lot of brochures. In the end I got home with a bit less then i came with, which is extraordinairy for me ;) Although i had a lot more trouble fitting it all in the car :of

and last: THANK YOU MARK, You are Awesome!!! :-*

PS. glad to see everyone got home well, looking forward to the next time we meet and the pictures that were taken.. As for Mark's comment on healthy food: Kaat has a picture to post about 5 English guys eating "healthy" ;):laugh:

:D :D  .. I blame you and Kaat for the icecreams Will anyway  >:(:D :D  .. ummmmmmm chocolate dipped  :P :P :P

As for the change of ownership on the model mate... You have put together a wonderful collection of Fords and that model hopefully fills an 'otherwise hard to fill' hole... you are a really nice guy and I'm so pleased to pass it on to someone who will give it even more appreciation than I did.

Thanks for the thanks and I look forward to watching your collection continue to grow and shine  ;)  I don't think I've ever been called AWSOME.... ever  :of:D :D :D

great to see you agin wil and kat, must say david did enjoy it ever so slightly, we were all laughing at his shocked look when he first walked into the hall saturday morn, was total disbelife at the size of it all, infact we said go for a wander while we set up, but had to remind him to lift his jaw back up otherwise he would have scratched his chin walking round :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

@Mark : I dont think she made a picture of the icecreams you were ehhh...

Cant help it, Kaat wanted to lick something and we had no privacy  ;)

I am chuffed to bits with the model, it definately fills a gap that might never had been filled otherwise.. But totally unexpected and icredibly generous. i cant thank you enough...!

@ Sean : i know, i bumped into David in one of the isles around 10 am, and his whole facial expression said "disbelief/shock" still...

Oh....  :-[ was it one of the other 'healthy options' we were eating then mate  :-[:D :D :D

I can't talk about David for legal reasons at the present time.... but let's just say there was a pretty scandalous incident in the car on the way home involving David and a certain jelly based sweet  :of .. I suspect PC Mike Robbo will need to be involved in the initial arrest and possibly his interview whilst under FTF caution  :of

I had a great weekend too, but the show wasn't as busy as the previous years I think.  I came home with quite a few brochures thanks to Wil and some good hunting. Great to meet some of the FTF members over here. I have now an idea to what fools enthousiasts I'm talking.

Reading the stories below I think you've got a great time over here and you complied with the prejudices I have about english people... serious, quiet, drinking soda..... ;) ;)  .

I hope I will meet you again at Spalding next spring, because I have serious plans to visit that show.

I'm thinking of starting the FTF Healthy Eating club so we can set an example to our younger members and demonstrate just how to react in a full on 'survival situation' such as a 3 day stay away from home like Zwolle... I think we also showed the Dutch just what we makes us Brits so discerning when it comes to 'grub'  :P:) .. which reminds me.. I have a 'Biffi-Roll hot' in the car with my name on it  ;D 

Well having maintained such a balanced diet over the weekend, I thought i'd try something completely different for tea tonight and treat myself to a half pound chilli burger from the local kebab house.....pretty certain the delivery girl isn't going to be quite as hot. :P

great to meet David "The Camera". It was obvious he was enjoying the show tremendously. Dont think i have seen him without a smile on his face, and camera in his hand. Will look forward to the pictures.

PS. glad to see everyone got home well, looking forward to the next time we meet and the pictures that were taken.. As for Mark's comment on healthy food: Kaat has a picture to post about 5 English guys eating "healthy" ;):laugh:

Great to meet you too Wil and have a decent chat about all things model tractors. I think I was walking in a daze for most of the first day, so many amazing stands, layouts and models to take in. I've had an absolutely brilliant weekend and come with loads of photographs which i'll begin posting soon. :)

I can't talk about David for legal reasons at the present time.... but let's just say there was a pretty scandalous incident in the car on the way home involving David and a certain jelly based sweet  :of .. I suspect PC Mike Robbo will need to be involved in the initial arrest and possibly his interview whilst under FTF caution  :of

In my defence my actions were a necessary move on behalf of the occupants of the back seats in light of the discussion regards the pressing of two simple buttons that simply anyone could have pressed and the taste of "trump" wafting over from the uncouth ruffians in the front slanderously attacking the replica Smith Kendons purchased by the right honourable Mr Cheddage. :D  If you're not right, you're.... ;):P

Quality ride back home through Holland, Belgium and France, just about split my sides wide open laughing.  :D

great time had as usual out in holland.

nice to see the ftf massive out once again and a big thank you to you all for the general abuse  !!!!!!!

great to chat to david who as other people have said walked round in a daze for many hours

wil and kaat a pleasure as always.

thank you to niels also for a quick ! walk round his new premises which are amazing

booked and ready for next year already  :D :D :D

great time had as usual out in holland.

great to chat to david who as other people have said walked round in a daze for many hours

Like wise I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with you across the weekend Richard and rather chuffed with my final purchase from the weekend. 3000 series Fergie variation number six is now safely tucked away in one of my cabinets. :)