Toytrac 16 October 2011

Leakeyvale

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there at 9:30, not so busy then, left at 11:30 was getting busy then though (not as busy as 2 years ago, the last time I went)

My haul......

Three Oak Bunning 120 muck spreader (And ordered another, and a muck fork)

UH New Holland T7.210 union Jack

UH Ford 7810 (still hard at work) mucky version

Wiking John Deere 7430 with loader

Replicagri Class Disco 3500C & Class Corto 3150F (front and rear mowers)

HLT chain saw and battery drill

Also ordered a post hole driver and cattle crush from Kieth Paice (Westdown Farm models)

I ummed and aahhed about going, but glad I did.

Kieths cattle crush was flipping smart. I did not buy any diorama stuff but I cannot wait to be ready to do so. Mandy and Frazer had a great stand again and their dioramas were very nice showpieces. I doubt if Andy will get the photos sorted and uploaded tonight. I left at 16 :30 and he was almost done packing up. As much as I like buying models, I like seeing all the traders and the banter between everyone during the day. I have six lovely purchases to add later :) The customisers had been busy, George, Kieth, Dan, Paul, Peter (he doesn't do paintwork, he does magic!),  all had tables full of delights!

Kieths cattle crush was flipping smart. I did not buy any diorama stuff but I cannot wait to be ready to do so. Mandy and Frazer had a great stand again and their dioramas were very nice showpieces. I doubt if Andy will get the photos sorted and uploaded tonight. I left at 16 :30 and he was almost done packing up. As much as I like buying models, I like seeing all the traders and the banter between everyone during the day. I have six lovely purchases to add later :) The customisers had been busy, George, Kieth, Dan, Paul, Peter (he doesn't do paintwork, he does magic!),  all had tables full of delights!

Your right Mandy and Frazers were AMAZING!!!

I hope at least some of my photos are ok, Andy! :-[ There was a bit of a flurry mid morning so I stopped for a minute or two. I did find the light in  the main pavillion a bit low at times but I think I got some good ones. It didn't appear as busy as other years but most traders I spoke too said they were happy with takings so that's good to hear.

Thank you to all those who visited threeoaksfarmmodels yesterday, it was a pleasure talking to you all.

its a big thank you for Sadie for spending another show with me.

Dan

Sadie did well, got me to spend my money, both of you MADE me go to the cash point in town too!  ;D  ;D

Was a good day yesterday, I had some nice purchases (pics to follow later) and had the yearly chat in person to some fellow ftf'ers which was really good.

It seemed fairly busy at times, so I hope the traders all had a worthwhile trip. There was no Tractor Connection stand from Holland this time, I suppose the £ - Euro exchange rate doesn't work in his favour at the moment  :-\

Barry and Steves uts stand was immense, Convos Paint jobs really are superb !! and Andy had a couple of Marge 7610's on display, pity they haven't reached any traders yet  :( 

Up in the attic the dioramas as usual were excellent and inspirational, If only I had the time and a suitable space, and Mandy's HLT stand seems to be getting bigger and better every year.

Oh, and to top it off the weather was a lovely sunny autumn day, my trip up and back had quiet roads and sunlit golden leaved trees - perfect.

Was FTF still in the Anne Frank Pavillion Tris ?  :P:D :D

I don't think any of us are speaking to you, seeing as you didn't come down to Toytrac :'( :'( :'(

Thanks to everyone who came to see us and for supporting HLT.

And a special BIG THANK YOU for all those who went to trouble of putting together a diorama - especially those who travelled long distances just to share their fab displays with us (the Olds family who travelled all the way from Penzance left home at 3am apparently!). I'll put some pictures up later :)

I had a conversation with the organisers and some of the other traders and we agreed it would be a good idea to have a Dio competition next year.  :)