Massey Ferguson 399

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Brian what a beauty !!!

Great conversion !!!! Verry good paintwork !!!

It looks like a DBP but better , i like the glass in the cab !!!!

Best Regards Jan

where did you think the parts came from you were?  you are welcome brian nice job would help you again regards dave

thanks david,it wouldnt have been possible without your help...i know its a matter of trust in these things and i got out of it what ive really wanted,a unique(for now) mf 399,it means more to me than any monetary value to have this and know that i done it myself....and in the case of the 300 series there are no higher quality models offered by anyone else for which to base the conversion on....its made me realise just how time consuming putting your tractors together is,the individual painting of parts and the small items to put together when painted,you earn every penny you get,many many thanks again

Sorry david

sorry for my bad English

I must excuse myself to you ,but I agree with Brians opinion .

in the case of the 300 series there are no higher quality models offered by anyone else for which to base the conversion on....its made me realise just how time consuming putting your tractors together is,the individual painting of parts and the small items to put together when painted,you earn every penny you get

Best regards Jan

thanks for all the replies,all the mf men have enjoyed the finished article which is good......i have a lot more mf models planned and am currently studying a few rarer machines to see how to go about making them in model form........i yesterday got myself a full time job which now means the model building will be literally all of my own stuff only,i just simply wont have the time to take on work for customers anymore,ive been after a full time job now for some time as i did try the model building but it was just a disaster,maybe doing a job that is also your hobby is bad,i discovered that,was working on orders from 8 to 6 and then spending from 8 to 11 or later at my own stuff so it soon ran into 24/7 model building which soon got unhealthy and not enjoyable.....so from next week its strictly back to hobby building only

thank you jonny.....ive still a few very minor things to do to the 399 but im happy with it and will be building a suitable mf implement to display with it.....ill be pushing on with mf models this year as there is still a lot of mf stuff im wanting and unfortunately it all has to be made......

i have the mf 399 made in korea for mf,did you know this was a genuine mf part number in the 90,s........i had 2,both mint,1 with original box and 1 without,ill never be selling mine so i sold the one with original box and got £450 for it,they are a really scarce model and although lacking detail and not near as eyecatching as dbps 390 they were kind of unique in that they were genuine mf and also the only 399 offering in model form for many many years.......id say hold on to your korean 399 and in years to come she,ll fetch you a grand no probs...........this is what a limited model is,not the limited to 7000 worldwide that uh does...........here are pictures of my korean m,f 399

post-1779-132639761675_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639761688_thumb.jpg