JC & MW Suckleys

jordantaylor

done more roauging today and found out some acerages of crops. not to the acre just around about what they are.

1800 acres of wheat

300 acres of combinable maize

700 acres of forage maize

2100 acres of potatoes

800 acres of barley

??? sugar beet

??? carrots

82 acres of barley have already been harvested, baled and the fields cultivated

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even with all of the recent rainfall the ground is still in a bad way and very dry. there has not been enough to help with irrigation either.

the wheat we have irrigated is about 3-4ft high, very good straw content and yields wll be around 3-4 ton per acre

the fields that were not irrgated the wheat is around 2ft high so its got a poor straw content and expeted yields of 2.5 ton acre

post-2337-132639852852_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639852867_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639852885_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639852999_thumb.jpg

How much forage maize?!!! You'll have fun if you go on trailers  8) 8) Do they use their own tractors and trailers and get a contractor in for the forager or is the fleet to busy on planting, seeding and so on and a contractor does the whole job? Oh and no OSR at all then?

How much forage maize?!!! You'll have fun if you go on trailers  8) 8) Do they use their own tractors and trailers and get a contractor in for the forager or is the fleet to busy on planting, seeding and so on and a contractor does the whole job? Oh and no OSR at all then?

i knew i missed something out they do OSR but not sure how much over 800 acres i know that much.

i will soon find out who does the forage maize but calnt see many of our boys carting as they will be flat out harvesting spuds at that time and the one who are not will be on the bales and cultivations ect...

well, we were rauging again today and came across what i can only say was some amazing scenery.

it was a really nice area of the countryside with great views and plenty of wildlife.

the fields though were a killer when walking them as the banks are a hell of alot steeper than they look and we came across a patch of wild oats on the biggest field.

this was the biggest field with the steepest bank and it took 2 of us almost 4 1/2 hours and we havnt even got through half of it yet as there is that much

post-2337-132639853661_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639853693_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639853731_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639853748_thumb.jpg

yeah lovely place, its tetchill

it will cetainly test the combine drivers skills and calnt see him risking taking more than half a tank load up and down the hill as it will shift something terrible.

the spray guys hate it as the sprayers on that bank shift as all the liquid shifts and many of times they have had drivers get stuck especially when doing spuds there

I didn't know they had land there...Tetchill is very close to Ellesmere, where my family live so am out there quite a lot.  I think I have a vague idea where the field is, somewhere near the college?

hi, they are 4 fields down the road from brynalt country parks on the right hand side. calnt miss them as they are all in wheat and have some big banks. in between them is a long drive going down to a house.

hope this helps

thats why we have hillside combines down this way jordan, thats not a hill its a slight slope compaired to land combined down here, just look at the hills richardjw does with their nh 8040?? i can vouche how steep they are, the farms 200 yards of the road if that and you can not see it for the drop until you get to the track cut down into it for access

The sheer size and acreage of the fields and the total amount you's harvest over there baffles me every time!!!  :of  :of  :of

20 acre field over here is a big one!  ;D 

And the yards!  :of  Look at the amount of room yous have! Some yards I have to deal with you could could fit yard, sheds and clamp into that one shed! We struggle at times with 12T trailers in places  :( 

Oh and there not hills, There bumps  ;)  ;D 

and some more kit around the sites

here is a dolly beet cleaner that they still use and is in good working order

here we have a stone spreader that spreads stone evenly and it was used on the site where the 2 new sheds have gone up to give an even spread of hardcore to save on the excavator/loader work.

here we also have a 3 axel NC flat bed

post-2337-13263986131_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639861338_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639861353_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639861369_thumb.jpg

Wish we had hills as flat as that we have a few u have to have combine spout out to wait you drive across.

Are they going to put you on a trailer then or not?

Have you done much with the pigs yet? :)

Great pictures Jordan, it looks very impressive, what work do you do? Or is it just any work that needs to be done!

hi, i am mainly doing harvest preps at the moment due to our last week of rain delaying spraying and harvest so i have been roaguing and cleaning grain stores. when we do get going though i will be lugging with a tractor and a 16 ton trailer