JC & MW Suckleys

jordantaylor

i can tell you we do have spuds at chester and thats where we are doing greentop from this year, we will be there at the end of august if its ready. we have started the wheat this morning at cluddley and  i can tell you we also have spuds at ludlow. i think its our last year at the chester site though so could be moving from there

Ahhh right well i work on the estate that was all & someone mentioned the spuds were "suckleys" so 2+2 together  :P  yea i was told it was the last year there as well  ::)  they dont look so good to be fair

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My God, sorry to hear that mate...hope your ok.  Not your fault at all, and as you say not much you can do with a load of wheat behind you.  So are you going back onto other duties then?

i will be when i go back, not sure about too much road work for now, got to be honest if id had air brakes on the trailer i would have stopped in time but i had the only trailer without air brakes and hydraulic brakes are not the best

well its bound to have knocked your confidence/shaken you up, so I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to stay off the road for a bit.  Hope you feel better soon Mate, make the most of your rest, its been a busy time of late

well even after my sad end to a great harvest i still have many memories to share with you lot from my time working

here we have a international 1460 axial flow combine, its an A reg (late 70's i think) that a small farmer bought and asked us if he could try it out in out wheat as we were just over the road. we said yes and invited him in as we fancied seeing it giving our new holland a run for its money  ;D

post-2337-132639907221_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639907259_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639907266_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639907277_thumb.jpg

cheers tris, what im quite annoyed about is that i have been using this road quite allot the past few weeks and ive been fine no misshaps, even the police said it could have happened to any of us drivers, i was just in the wrong place at the wrong time

Sorry to hear of the collision Jordan and I am glad to hear you and the others involved are ok. Crossings at the bottom of hills around a corner should always be given some thought long before you get there.

post-2337-132639907682_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639907693_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639907701_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639907709_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear of the collision Jordan and I am glad to hear you and the others involved are ok. Crossings at the bottom of hills around a corner should always be given some thought long before you get there.

cheers tris, what im quite annoyed about is that i have been using this road quite allot the past few weeks and ive been fine no misshaps, even the police said it could have happened to any of us drivers, i was just in the wrong place at the wrong time

hmm read your account of what happened , & even at 15 mph you were still going some near a crossing , it's these sorts of places you need to be thinking about actually stopping & anticipating for events such as these thats pert of driving on the public highway. as for your quote that i've highlighted , it's thought process's like these that create accidents in the first place , it's called complacency & it's not great to hear you say that at your age but i dont really expect anything different , i dont mean to sound harsh to you mate , but i'm on my high horse & well you all got too much power & weight to opperate at your age & to be quite frank it's all wrong unlike the older members here we worked our way up learning from old hands & we all made mistakes , but the kit you have nowadays is far too big for a 17/18 year old to handle , the attitude of todays youth is awfull , think you all know everything , well you dont you learn with experience .

hmm read your account of what happened , & even at 15 mph you were still going some near a crossing , it's these sorts of places you need to be thinking about actually stopping & anticipating for events such as these thats pert of driving on the public highway. as for your quote that i've highlighted , it's thought process's like these that create accidents in the first place , it's called complacency & it's not great to hear you say that at your age but i dont really expect anything different , i dont mean to sound harsh to you mate , but i'm on my high horse & well you all got too much power & weight to opperate at your age & to be quite frank it's all wrong unlike the older members here we worked our way up learning from old hands & we all made mistakes , but the kit you have nowadays is far too big for a 17/18 year old to handle , the attitude of todays youth is awfull , think you all know everything , well you dont you learn with experience .

Sorry to hear you had an accident , least no one was hurt thats the main thing realy.

On the power & weight basis , i mean thats the times now a JD on a 16 ton trailer is the norm if not small at these large place's. Iam not saying its right or defending it. I myself am 19 & i dont think its fair to think everyone is the same i have 1 hell of alot to learn & deffinetly dont know everything.