JC & MW Suckleys

jordantaylor

well thought id start a section on here for JC & MW Suckleys due to them being not only my workplace for the next 4 months but also due to them being very close to home and one of my many photo stops when out and about or when working due to there always being something going on.

they have around 7000 acres of landof which is majority arable.

they run 2 main teams of tractors being a team of JD's (68,69,74 & 7530's) and a team of NH's (T6090,7030,40,50). the bigger machines they run are 2 john deere 8345R's, JD 8530, case IH 535 Quadtrac. they also have the odd case, massey, valtra & claas. the combines are a claas lexion 600 TT and a new holland CR980.

they do around 2700 acres of potatoes, 1200 acres of combinable maize and the rest is cereal crops and sugarbeet.

any photos i take there will be uploaded onto here for you gus to see.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got to be honest im not sure but i will ask.

might be due to them having so many new workers they can give them a choice over what they want to drive so they are comfortable in it and not having to spend time getting used to it when working.

could also be deals they get offered by the dealers. if you have a load of jd's then JD  might give you deals on equipment and the same might happen with new holland.

but i will ask for you

worked there for ten years !!!ten years ago ha ha! lugging the spuds and power harrowin used to love lugging out of cressage om nights back to cludley wellington  then moveing the operation back down to pradoe but these days they grade out at hopton i think

well here we goive been on my first proper day at suckleys and have been to 3 of their sites of which i have seen plenty of kit and action

1st pic, have you ever seen so many boxes and these were not all of them as ther were many the other side and around the side of another shed

2nd pic, 7 brand new bailer 16 ton root crop trailers

4th pic, 2 brand new machiner shed gone up, the one is just being finished

post-2337-132639850976_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639851029_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639851036_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639851046_thumb.jpg

1st pic, some kit in the one shed, tattie harvesters, drills, cultivators, beet cleaner

2nd pic,2 perfect richard western 16 ton trailers with no chassis

3rd pic, some of the wild oats me and my latvian freind collected today

4th pic, the dryer in the shed at the abbots moor site

post-2337-132639851081_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639851085_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639851101_thumb.jpg

post-2337-13263985111_thumb.jpg

I used to love roguing for wild oat, Jordan. I wouldn't mind a few hours at it now to be honest!! Yeah, echo Seans question, why no RW chassis then? As for those machinery sheds. . . lovely. Not many farms that have purpose built sheds just for machinery. Normally then just use the grain sheds, cattle buildings or don't even bother. Nice to see it all under cover, especially the more complicated machinery.

and how about this for a grain shed, its the biggest of them all at holding 6000 tonne. there are 8 grain sheds overall and ill try and get pics of the other big ones

and this field finishes at the woods and is a whopping 2/3rd of a mile long and we had to walk up and down each tramline so in that field alone we covered around 3 miles each

post-2337-132639852048_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639852055_thumb.jpg

loving these photos Mate, keep 'em coming! some familiar places there as well...The massive field looks like on of the ones behind the old Rednal Aerodrome - am I right?

you are right mate, and a hell of a field it is to and it took us a while to walk it all and get all the wild oats

you are right mate, and a hell of a field it is to and it took us a while to walk it all and get all the wild oats

Ah thought so...I think it used to belong to the Lees Farm when I lived in that area - and back then a JD 955 used to harvest it

what have they done with the chassis to those western trailers then????

I used to love roguing for wild oat, Jordan. I wouldn't mind a few hours at it now to be honest!! Yeah, echo Seans question, why no RW chassis then? As for those machinery sheds. . . lovely. Not many farms that have purpose built sheds just for machinery. Normally then just use the grain sheds, cattle buildings or don't even bother. Nice to see it all under cover, especially the more complicated machinery.

dont worry guys, the two rw trailers now have chassis for the harvest. there are now 5 RW and ive lost count of how many bailey trailers

Saw some corn today which is cut with a combine near me and it has the tassles on the top already! Keep these pics coming, Jordan and stay keen mate. It looks like there are many rungs to climb on the ladder here but that's a good thing.  ;)