The international model tractor and plant and construction machinery show.

Manor Farm

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I did a check on google maps and it#s between 453 or 465 or 481 miles from where I live. That's 2 days driving and two tanks of fuel. Not for me for year one but certainly a consideration for year 2 assuming the show is successful since well with my present job Spalding is a no go area in the Spring or Autumn due to the dates.

i am now just about on top of my stock :- ,with some new bonny coloured tractors i have been on with ,,,,a new venture on tractor and machinery decals ,,,my last count was 6500 decals on stock :of :of ,,,my wife is sick to death of them ;D ;D

i have my reservations on this show but""" hey ho """as they say""" you have to be in it to win it """"",so i will be going down there for a few days with a break included also just so i can recover after all these late nights ,

well i travelled a 400 mile round trip 2day to visit the show, was very diapointed, take away the 4 or so main uk stockests and there wasnt much else, i was looking forward to an array of layouts and real vintage tractors etc by the adverts i had seen but my mate has more tractors in his vintage shed.

Well done to those who did turn up and sell/display but roll on spalding for a proper show with international attendance etc.

Please dont take this post as slating the show, im not i was just very disapointed to what had been lead to be on show.

well i travelled a 400 mile round trip 2day to visit the show, was very diapointed, take away the 4 or so main uk stockests and there wasnt much else, i was looking forward to an array of layouts and real vintage tractors etc by the adverts i had seen but my mate has more tractors in his vintage shed.

Well done to those who did turn up and sell/display but roll on spalding for a proper show with international attendance etc.

Please dont take this post as slating the show, im not i was just very disapointed to what had been lead to be on show.

I can do nothing but agree with post, a 350 mile round trip for 2 of us , Spalding wont be long!

It was billed as an international show - very dissappointed. Just briefly....there were 10 traders selling various models; 1 selling bases & 1 selling tools etc; 4 dioramas; 2 collections & 3 displays of scratchbuilt larger scale machinery, and 6 or 8 full size tractors as well. The attendance seemed to be quite good, but that may have been because the hall wasn't that big, and the traders that were there seemed to be having quite a good day of it, although the butty van certainly had the most consistent queue of the day! Overall I wouldn't have said it was worth the 300+ mile journey, but as always it was good to have a bit of a chat with friends - oh and thanks Scott aka Smurf for the brew afterwards. On the strength of todays show - won't be going again!

Edited by JCB BLOKE

I can only agree with the opinions above.

It is a good venue, light, bright and airy, with good access, but, had it not been for the traders who had come, there would have been very little to look at.

Most of the (very few) displays were well laid out and the exhibitors had obviously put some effort into them, but where were all the people who have been repeatedly wittering on FTF about needing a dedicated display section at Spalding, and more emphasis on displays and dioramas generally at farm toy shows?????? Today has rather shown that there isn't any point.

It's a great shame - I wasn't expecting a show of displays to put Zwolle in the shade, but I had thought there would be more people with something to show off :(

I will post a few images up in the next few days. I think for a new show, it did alright and the majority of traders were satisfied. There was a good mix of different items for most people's tastes. Just not much of some areas such as conversions, custom work etc.. I was impressed with the number of people through the door. The standard of the dioramas there was excellent, but it would have been nice to have more people there displaying. Likewise, the scratch built items on display were very good.

In general I would say a show with potential if certain aspects are tweaked. More displays/exhibits and more traders certainly required in some areas. The venue is excellent, although its a good job it didnt rain!

Visitor catchment area seemed to cover plenty of people who we see at Malvern so will be interesting to see if this event is effected.