Hello

Iangalloway

Welcome to the forum Ian

I was a bit like you, although I had a history of Agriculture I didn't reall start collecting until I went to the Tractor Challenge at Hullavington in 2006 and I was in my mid 40's then  ;) , I also only intended to collect the ones I had driven..................but that didn't last and now I am a fully fledged model tractor nut with several hundred models.

It will get you................. ::) ::)::) ::)

Hi everyone,I've been havin a look round the site for a couple of weeks and thought it was time I said hello.

I've just started a collection of my own(at the age of 40 years young!),but just of tractors that I've driven over the years.

Hi Ian, great way to start a collection and a good way to make it mean something to you as well. I am collecting in the same way as you, unless I get bored of waiting for the right model in which case I buy MIB Britains to replace a collection I long since trashed!!!  ::):laugh:

Thanks for the kind welcome guys,much appreciated.

welcome to the nut house ian, do you have any favorite tractors  your looking for then???

Sean,the MF 300 series are a favourite probably because I did more work on them as any other "breed".I'm even attempting a wee conversion of a 399,but I dont think it'll be worthy of the amazing models you guys create!

Also an avid 300 series fan here too. My favourite being the pocket rocket that is, the 390T. First farm I worked on had a '91 registered 12/12 one with the 915 loader. Have spent a few days turning hay this year with a 12/12 375, a beauty too! :) Also waiting on an order with Dave Perdue at the moment, a 390T 4WD no less :)

Also an avid 300 series fan here too. My favourite being the pocket rocket that is, the 390T. First farm I worked on had a '91 registered 12/12 one with the 915 loader. Have spent a few days turning hay this year with a 12/12 375, a beauty too! :) Also waiting on an order with Dave Perdue at the moment, a 390T 4WD no less :)

They're great,Over the years I  drove a 365,7 390s,2 390T and 4 399s.Where I work at the moment we have a 5455 and it just doesnt compare.Have the SIKU of it.Have seen Dave's models they are amazin

• 6 months later...

Welcome to the nuthouse Ian, great to see another member on here that starts posting. Every collection how small it is, is worth showing, you'll be surprised how many like minded persons are on here...

As for your customizing attempts, dont be afraid to start a topic about it, people on here are quite helpful if you are stuck at something and there is a lot of knowledge about customing and scratch building on here.