Classic Tractor Magazine November 2011

Today my November 2011 CT magazine arrived. I have just opened it and started to flick through. I stopped at page 8 on the Reader rebuild of a Ford 7610 and thought I know that tractor in fact I had a seat in it at the BA Stores rally this year and had a lengthy chat withe the owner on the Sunday morning as we were awaiting for the show to come to life. Anyway I can only say it is immaculate.

ST835524.jpg

ST835523.jpg

ST835522.jpg

ST835521.jpg

ST835520.jpg

In addition there is a nice looking article in Fleet profile featuring an all red operation of IH and Case IH's

Moving on there is a another nice looking report in Show reports featuring older Massey Harris and Massey Ferguson  combines at work in Essex.

Finally there is an article about Claas Combines in Collectors Corner.

The mention of Massey Harris above reminds me of an upcoming sale of around 20 to 30 Massey Harris tractors and related literature which will be held at the Lawrie and Symington Mart at Forfar on the first Saturday of December 2011. I certainly hope I can avoid work that day ( Saturday the 3rd) and attend the sale.

A yet I have not read the magazine only flicked over but it certainly looks an interesting read this month

Read the post Sean...it would have been a mighty big model for me to sit in ;) ;) ;)

Yes he had a reversible plough for it so he was working it on the Sunday although I did not manage to get photos.

Here is the plough in question and the tractor owner standing on the trailer. He really needs to get the plough painted to match the tractor ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ST835525.jpg

I'm liking pages 103-105 best myself...  ;):laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

/malc.

I wonder why  ::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)

Nice collection though Malcy, I would love a Senator like yours as I used to drive one just like it  8) 8) 8)

Having seen it in the flesh and even had a seat in it ( after asking in case my boots were dirty ) it really did look like it was brand new Justin.

It looks like it just rolled of the production line at Basilton. Bought Classic Tractor today so i could have a good read on it.

Yes that 7610 looks stunning, takes me back to my time working at Harris of Hereford a Ford/New Holland dealership back in the late 80s/early 90s now Ravenhill farm services!, Sorry to be picky but the badge on the front looks awful as it should be a proper Ford logo!! anyway fantastic mag as usual.. 8)

Thanks for the comments guys, sounds like the latest issue of CT is going down well. I think the publisher's decision to take on an assistant editor has been a good move and hopefully improved the quality and consistency.

We've got a nice IH 624 as next month's 'Reader Rebuild' and also a special feature on tractors that have clocked very high hours, including a Leyland 272 that has done a remarkable 52,000 hours.

Regards

R Day

Classic Tractor

Thanks for the comments guys, sounds like the latest issue of CT is going down well. I think the publisher's decision to take on an assistant editor has been a good move and hopefully improved the quality and consistency.

We've got a nice IH 624 as next month's 'Reader Rebuild' and also a special feature on tractors that have clocked very high hours, including a Leyland 272 that has done a remarkable 52,000 hours.

Regards

R Day

Classic Tractor

Mr Cooper's Rory?

Finally got round to reading the MF 3000 series article earlier, facinating stuff though i never knew MF was in so much trouble during the early 80s and they was almost bankrupt!, i suppose many other tractor producers was in the same boat and as we know some did not surive. :'(

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that 7610 looks stunning, takes me back to my time working at Harris of Hereford a Ford/New Holland dealership back in the late 80s/early 90s now Ravenhill farm services!, Sorry to be picky but the badge on the front looks awful as it should be a proper Ford logo!! anyway fantastic mag as usual.. 8)

I was having a tidy up of magazines this afternoon and looked in this one again because I remembered a comment about and incorrect badge. I see the front badge has been changed since I took my photos in May. It does say in the article "finding a Ford Oval badge for the nose cone was one of the final jobs.