MarGe Models 2012

AJH

surprised no ones posted the marge home page, some better pics of both on there, only bit i can see with the 8730 is the rear mud guard extensions?? only ever seen 2 or 3 of these and none had them fitted to them,that said i am no ford/ county expert and aint going to say more

http://www.margemodels.com/products.html

surprised no ones posted the marge home page, some better pics of both on there, only bit i can see with the 8730 is the rear mud guard extensions?? only ever seen 2 or 3 of these and none had them fitted to them,that said i am no ford/ county expert and aint going to say more

http://www.margemode...m/products.html

The mud guards look correct, that was my beef with the UH model, I photographed this bad boy at Townsons late last year to settle this very argument. The second image is one I just grabbed from a classified.

post-2344-0-03817000-1347538004_thumb.jp

post-2344-0-48318900-1347538027_thumb.jp

Well guys. MARGE seem to build their Ford models based on tractors that are seen working on Dutch soil. So maybe Dutch Ford 30 series tractors have these mudguards. Same was for the 7610s!! Guys did not seem to like the mudguards up front on the 2wd,nor like the narrow wheels on them. But that was probably the way 7610s were sold on the Dutch market. We were all more familiar with Basildon built Ford tractors,while the Dutch Fords were Antwerp built & had a kinda different features on them.Like these mudguards perhaps. 8)

I think the models a decent effort and better than UHs but it just doesnt quite look right when the image is put next to the real things photo :'( I will be leaving it on the shelf and maybe look again when the TW25 mk2 comes out as the white mudguards will stand out better than black which should improve the overall appearance.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like the Marge model of the Ford 8730.

As mrol first remarks the PAVT wheels are wrong. In real the sliders of the PAVT wheels go almost to the side of the rim.

Even set to its max. width, one could not see so much "daylight".

And the bonnet really is not high enough. The big nose was to me what the 700 tractors made so impressive against the

elegance of the 600 tractors.

Look where the F from name Ford sits compared to the grill. You see that the fond is to small because there is not

enough room.

The front wheels are to small. In the model they just reach the grill. In real they go up to 1/3 of the grill.

There is a clour difference between the front wheels and the rear wheels of the model. This because the front wheels are

made of plastic and not painted.

What bugs me futher is that the "ears" of the cab, where the filters are housed, are too small; there are not deep enough.

And the front direction lights are too big.

With some athor details wrong this is not a good model of the Ford 8730. But please be your own judge.

Theike

post-3266-0-82929000-1347660115_thumb.jp

post-3266-0-23744600-1347660129_thumb.jp

It's a bit tricky to tell from the photos if you are 100% right or not - even so, it still looks like a good improvement on the UH model (although quite a bit more expensive). I might pop over to G&M later and pick them up.

• Like 1

Was there ever a perfect model ?? Someone always has an eye for something. As Ol said these are just pics & there is yet a forum member to actully hold or see one in the flesh. Im going to the Limerick die-cast show this weekend ,with the hopes of picking up one of these or the County!

• Like 1

every ones moaning about the tyres, but what everyone seems to forget is, that tractor justy has pictured, and very possibally the one marge has meassured is??? 20 or 30 years old, thats a lot of replacement tyres in there, farmers different requirements mean different sizes being fitted , so how can anyone say they are wrong??? unless thats a perfect never been used ford/nh collection peice they meassured of then that will never be right

• Like 1

I've got to agree with Sean here. Few tractors of that age especially with a decent number of hours are going to have the original tyres. Especially ad tyre technology for the larger tractors has advanced so much. Our 12 year old 6910 has had a full set of tyres and it's not even at 7000 hours. So how anyone can complain about older tractors tyre equipment I'm not sure. Obviously each to their own nd I'm nt a ford collector but I think marge have made a fantastic job ofthis tractor. Just wish they would do some jd's now :laugh:

Theikes comments are right but as Graham at G&M has expressed to me on more than one occasion its difficult to replicate these older models exactly because they were designed on paper and not designed on computer unlike todays models which makes it far easier to get the accuracy right........ Unless its the CASE Puma230 of course ;D

i am certainly not saying other bits are wrong ,i dont know enough about fords to state facts, but wheels account for most of our gripes on any new model, all the new uh mf's for instant, but one fact does clear all of that, as bluegreen also stated these are old school draft board tractors, all designed on paper and i bet none of the plans are still round thats for sure

Picked up both models from Graham today. Will try to post a couple of pics alongside the County and 30 series counterparts tomorrow Comparing side by side, the Marge seem to be a better shade of blue and the width of the bonnet seems more appropriate - its a bit too thin on the UH machine. Side by side, I'd say the two County's are pretty closely matched with the UH winning in some areas e.g. The steering angle on my Marge is tiny (those huge tyres are getting nowhere near close to fowling the bonnet). Overall, the Marge is more detailed as you'd expect for twice the money.

On the 30s the gap is more noticeable. I'd say front axle position looks ok, although it is slightly further forward than the UH machine. The two machines are also different lengths which seems surprising! But the cab interior does have the funk transmission (although positioned very low - the operator needs long arms). Overall, the Marge is much better but the rear wheel hubs are a bit odd - the gaps are a bit big really.

It's quite a chunk of cash to part with though for two machines!

Picked up both models from Graham today. Will try to post a couple of pics alongside the County and 30 series counterparts tomorrow Comparing side by side, the Marge seem to be a better shade of blue and the width of the bonnet seems more appropriate - its a bit too thin on the UH machine. Side by side, I'd say the two County's are pretty closely matched with the UH winning in some areas e.g. The steering angle on my Marge is tiny (those huge tyres are getting nowhere near close to fowling the bonnet). Overall, the Marge is more detailed as you'd expect for twice the money.

On the 30s the gap is more noticeable. I'd say front axle position looks ok, although it is slightly further forward than the UH machine. The two machines are also different lengths which seems surprising! But the cab interior does have the funk transmission (although positioned very low - the operator needs long arms). Overall, the Marge is much better but the rear wheel hubs are a bit odd - the gaps are a bit big really.

It's quite a chunk of cash to part with though for two machines!

Get those pics up Ol. Is there any chance you could put a few pics with the UH versions to compare??