Universal Hobbies 2012 - 1:32

AJH

390 should have 34 s on the back, fronts look spot on too . i have drove 2wd 390s that have had 38s on from new but they were the first black cab/red roof ones . i remember they were E reg as my 4wd 390 was an F reg with the silver cab. can't see if the model has a hiline decal on the door bar

been looking at a few 690 pictures . it looks like 2wd tractors slope a bit more than 4wd ones . i could be wrong . i know when driving our 590 2wd the bonnet looked to slope more than our 4wd . you notice these things when you spend all summer driving the cauli planter :-:-

theres a difference between the right hubs though paul, and in all the 600 series i have seen and the ones i have driven none had that hub on it, and i bet if trissy went through all of howards yards none there would either, the uh 1250 would have been better ,maybe even the 2640 one looking at that its not far off, i know people change things but research and agco must have known that they aint right , its like putting the wheels of a uh deutz ttv on it, uh must have had something in the line up that would have gone better not that i am worried tyres and hubs you can swap, hugely wrong bonnet angles / shapes are harder to correct, with any luck it will just be a pop off and lift to the right angle ,refit with some super glue and a wedge in there ,well i hope so, if not i just wont buy it, i do not waste 40 odd quid on something that wrong ,

theres a difference between the right hubs though paul, and in all the 600 series i have seen and the ones i have driven none had that hub on it, and i bet if trissy went through all of howards yards none there would either, the uh 1250 would have been better ,maybe even the 2640 one looking at that its not far off, i know people change things but research and agco must have known that they aint right , its like putting the wheels of a uh deutz ttv on it, uh must have had something in the line up that would have gone better not that i am worried tyres and hubs you can swap, hugely wrong bonnet angles / shapes are harder to correct, with any luck it will just be a pop off and lift to the right angle ,refit with some super glue and a wedge in there ,well i hope so, if not i just wont buy it, i do not waste 40 odd quid on something that wrong ,

Edited by justy 46

I wonder if they will make a 2720/2725E next? Obviously they would need to change the wheels to the heavier cast pavement type design and therefore bigger tyres and as the 2720 was an later addition to the three models just released there would need to be a second generation decal which didnt have the big MF letters on it.

Below is a picture taken by me in 1987 of a "C" Reg MF2725E run by one of the locals at the time...................as you can see it was as good as any 2000 ever got :) with a nice (rare) set of rear wheelweights and chunky tyres (for that era) the machine was one season old at the time the picture was taken and there were two other 2725s local as well I recall, but no 2720s.

post-743-0-76692600-1351886604_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-76692600-1351886604_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

little bit of mod work on the uh 590 rear wheels and ?? the uh 35 x rears would see a set of them wheels no worrys would prob need the 590 hubs with celtis rims and tyres for the back, and the 35 x up front with maybe the celtis front frims, or maybe the new 6290 rims and tyres onto them hubs, both wouldnt be to far of that size

little bit of mod work on the uh 590 rear wheels and ?? the uh 35 x rears would see a set of them wheels no worrys would prob need the 590 hubs with celtis rims and tyres for the back, and the 35 x up front with maybe the celtis front frims, or maybe the new 6290 rims and tyres onto them hubs, both wouldnt be to far of that size

Got the Limited edition MF 2620 instock and the weight handles are at the bottom of the weights and you can see they have all been made like this. The weights are the wrong shape and size for the 2000 series tractors even Britains got this nearly right back in the early 80's sorry for the moan!