well got her to a stage where i am happy to photo her now,done all the cutting and filling of the major parts of chassis,

the mf 595 chassis has had 3/4 of a cm chopped of the front end,and the two tanks have been removed,also sanded down the raised bit arround the steering wheel to get the bonnet sitting flat

floor pan has been cut down to fit the repo mf135 mudguards form dt

and bonnet has been extended by 1/4 to fit the chassis,again both from dt

running on ros 3070 rears and wide britains fronts,

cab shell/framework,has been partially done again ready for paint,then hopefully going to covered in canvis,or did think about papermachie ,to finish the effect

only prob i have is  i'm not sure whether its a bit to big for a 165 so was thinking about doing it as a 185,what do you guys think

post-46-132638516492_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638516496_thumb.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another possibility for the canvas cover is to stretch toilet tissue to the shape you want and then soak superglue into it.  Railway modellers use it with liquid poly on van roofs to give the canvas effect.

Looking swell Sean... that's a 185 surely mate  ??? - or even a 175  ??? - can;t wait to see that one finished - cab is coming on a treat as well  ;)

yeah the general consenes is 185 cause of the size so thats what she will be thanks for the help guys

not sure ben,the only think i was anygood at in school was wood work and rugby,so who knows,no one else in the familly has done anything like this before

yeah the general consenes is 185 cause of the size so thats what she will be thanks for the help guys

not sure ben,the only think i was anygood at in school was wood work and rugby,so who knows,no one else in the familly has done anything like this before

Ummm.. .interesting Sean... why not make a wooden rugby ball then  :D :D :D

well heres a few updated pics,been at her inbetween a few trailers i am doing for someone,next stage is the cab covering, going to try the tissue paper and liquid polly cement first suggested by fenryk,as that sounds the easiest,

just one question,do you think the exhaust is big enough on her,seems a little small to me 

post-46-132638517392_thumb.jpg

post-46-1326385174_thumb.jpg