• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope the idea works for you, or I could end up in the doghouse  ;D ;D

shouldn't be a prob,if i put a bit of gling film on first ,then do the bog roll bit,if it goes wrong it shouldn't stick,if it works let it dry and remove the clingfilm and glue into place,well thats the plan

shouldn't be a prob,if i put a bit of gling film on first ,then do the bog roll bit,if it goes wrong it shouldn't stick,if it works let it dry and remove the clingfilm and glue into place,well thats the plan

gling film??  ??? ???  :D :D :D::) ::)

looking like another fine conversion Sean  ;D ;D

are those the rear wheels from the ROS 3070 sean ?

they are indead mate,you have to drill the axel hole out on the chassi to get the ros axel to fit,but you prob could glue them to the britains one if you could get them running true,as both chassis i had were scrappers i didn't mind drilling it out,they do look great on there though,even with  a standard 595 bodywork on,look the right size 

lie the 3070 you did ,the wheels can make a model look either very good or very bad siku seem to have it right with diameter & width & those ROS wheels will do the job nicely for the 185 . :)

oh yeah give this a try for the shed builds ;) 

www.craft-products.com

Cut some bits of thin plastic tarpaulin Sean... just like the real thing - I reckon I know where I can lay my hands on some for you if you can't get any...

I had a sheet made for my trailer last year (in blue sadly) but that would work a treat on there if it was cream (if that makes sense) - modern tarpaulin is very thin... I am sure it's vinyl  ???

Shabby mate, I wouldn't be happy with that either. Send it up to me, just for a double check. .. ..

Sean, she's a beaut mate. With a cut down MF200 trailer (painted up like a Weeks dropside) full of fencing stakes and your 290 loader with a banger on the back ...  .. .No Deere-est, bad boy, calm down.. . .!!!!

(And you can calm down too Marky!!!)

got 2 options left now,

1 grp resin soaked onto some of the sheet,can trim and file it the

2 she has some voil,like thin net curtain,in a beige??? might glue that and see how it sets,,very fine so it should shape a lot easier,will investigaet at the weekend,

• 3 weeks later...

the chassi is all finished,decaled ect,as for the cab,time and no right material is the prob at mo,so the frame is just sat there awaiting finishing,if all goes to plan i have all weekend in the shed so will have another look at it,seen some tissue paper fiberglass sheets in halfords,very thin.might try that ,jas suggested it ,and i can file and shape it then once its dry

heres a couple of pics of her as she stands at the min for you

post-46-132638522392_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638522397_thumb.jpg