Moss Hill Farm

robertw1

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was the barn that I won at toytrac for moss hill farm coming first in the under 16s category. So thanks to everyone who organised the comp and the whole show as I had a great time. and thanks to brushwood for donating the prize.

004-7.jpg

And a very well done to that man too, lovely updates Robert. Really nice. Only passed you buy a couple of times during the day. I think I spent more time this year walking the show than I did actually getting to speak to people!

I have just made space for two more boards and I am unsure what to put on them. I don't what to add them on to moss hill as I can't put them on the left hand side as the barn covers the full length and the bridge stops me from building it on the right hand side also to add onto the front or back I would have to get a bigger table.

So the options are:

machinery dealer next to a country store like countrywide

piggy peats farm eg. a pig farm up the road from moss hill

some old grain bins and a sort of old run down granary that the farm will do up and store fodder beet and grain for the cattle.

farm cottage alongside a field with a few out buildings

or any other ideas welcome ;D

I reckon a country store is a great idea, the farm could do its own butchering/home kill and this could be its outlet along with other country/farm/equestrian stuff. Logs, power tools, veg, timber, gates. . . . Think of the stuff Mandy sells, enough to kit out something like this. Then there is the Britains floral stuff, military scale stuff...

Fantastic work as always, Robert. A country store would be a great idea. Something selling fresh produce rather than wellies and animal feed perhaps. You could have eggs, cheese, organic meats and that sort of thing. An upgrade on your wooden store shed would be great for that.

It was great to see your work first-hand at Toytrac - a very worthy winner for sure :)

I am with you now so more like a farm shop selling produce from moss hill and 1 or 2 surrounding farms.

Thanks mandy I really enjoyed toytrac this year and will definitely be taking a layout next year, you did a great job of organising it. :)

Archived