Whats your latest Farm/Construction buy 2012

Gav836

glad you got it safely chris

What make of paints did you use Paul, or is this a conversion you bought (I saw a very similar one on PDC's table at the Chris Whitehead show)?

Who can remember one of these then and has anyone got one in their collection??

Its a Clark Bobcat made by Gama got it off ebay not even a fiver delivered

BOBCAT1.jpg

Another from the back

BOBCAT2.jpg

BOBCAT3.jpg

Arms Raised

BOBCAT4.jpg

Edited by nick henton

Very nice wooden cottage and animal shed (lacking roof and pen walls but not a problem). I do not generally buy farm buildings but this was too good to miss and the pump came too.

post-1145-0-16149900-1336135827_thumb.jp

(Thanks David for the pointer to these)

Sue,

Glad you lke them. I look forward to seeing a photo of the cottage and the restored hen house/pig sty in one of your dioramas.

As I told Sue when I told her about hte lot (I already have 2 of the cottages & the other one), the cottage was made by Amersham Toys, the other one unknown, possibly Peacock & Co or (more likely) Hailey Models. Neither mentioned by seller, who presumably had no idea.

Sue,

Glad you lke them. I look forward to seeing a photo of the cottage and the restored hen house/pig sty in one of your dioramas.

As I told Sue when I told her about hte lot (I already have 2 of the cottages & the other one), the cottage was made by Amersham Toys, the other one unknown, possibly Peacock & Co or (more likely) Hailey Models. Neither mentioned by seller, who presumably had no idea.

She (it is a lady) may not know the maker but at least she takes care of what she sells as they arrived safe and sound in a HUGE box! Cottage is really very nice, a rub over with some bread will brighten it up.

(Bread is excellent for getting rid of marks on paper especially greasy marks. NEVER use a rubber as that damages the surface - here endeth the lesson!)

Found a mint boxed Britains New Holland TR85 at a car boot. Box only has a small dint in it. Looked it up in the david pullen book and its the 1998 one.

post-2056-0-34641000-1336214490_thumb.jp

can anyone tell me what its worth?

i went to a 'Fleamarket' at the Bath & West showground this morning and bought:

(1) For £20 a box of 1930s Elastolin style (although some may have been made in England, possibly by Peacock & Co) wooden fencing (made of real twigs!) 20 fence sections, 5 gate sections, 2 bridges, + 3 wells, an Elastolin lying cow & 4 assorted poultry + some damaged stuff.

also, not farm, but still collectable old toys

(2) For £45 Britains #1613 boxed set of WW1 infantry charging wearing gas masks in post 1946 style box.

(3) For £13 a bag full of Gemodels (George Musgrave) plastic cake decoration figures, including 6 x bagged sets of cricketers, diving ladies etc.

Before setting up on his own, George Musgrave had been a figure designer for Britains Ltd. Last I heard, George is still alive, although in his 90s, and still owns a toy museum @ Eastborune.

(4) For £8 a not pristine, but good enough for the price, Britains large scale lead racehorse from their 'Racing Colours of Famous Owners' series 1925-60.

I already had another horse (different colour), so now need 2 jockeys. Anyone here got any? I very much doubt any members here collect this series, but someone may have acquired one in a job lot which has been sitting in a 'swapsie box' ever since.

Update:

On close examination one of the wells has a sticker underneath: Transogram Made in USA

Transogram, offices in New York City, is a company which I've only associated before with their plastic copies of Britains/Herald and Timpo swoppet type cowboys, Indians, American Civil War & Knights figures which they had made to order in Hong Kong in the 1960s/70s. I've just checked in Richard O'Brien's book of American Toy Soldiers & Figures, and find Transogram started in business back in 1915. Apart from this well I've just bought I have no idea what else Transogram made before say 1958. I also haven't found much else made in the USA in the way of wooden farm buildings by anyone in the style of those made in the UK, France or Germany. A whole new line of research to keep me off the streets. I'd guess the well was made about 1930.

Today went to Toyfair at Lincolnshire Show Ground and picked up;

Britains Massey Ferguson6480 with Loader

Britains Yellow Bale Trailer

Britains Evedale Farmyard cardboard layout from about 1977, also looks to be in original clear packaging.

tractorman314.

Today went to Toyfair at Lincolnshire Show Ground and picked up;

Britains Massey Ferguson6480 with Loader

Britains Yellow Bale Trailer

Britains Evedale Farmyard cardboard layout from about 1977, also looks to be in original clear packaging.

tractorman314.

Well done, those Evedale farmyards are rare, as are all the other cardboard cut out things they've made over the years.

Edited by david_scrivener

Chris, you are on a slippery slope to bankruptcy, there are so many Deutz variants that you will spend a small fortune trying to get them all, trust me I am still trying and there are some that still elude me

on route to aberdeen yesterday i nipped into earnvale tractors and got the britains 9460R, and the ertl prestige 8360RT

at aberdeen today i got

Ros new holland T7.270

Ros new holland T7070 pink agricar breast cancer tractor from convo

wiking john deere 6930 on agrium rowcrops and with front toolbox weight from agrium

pdc john deere 6930 standard version

joskin scariflex

12 ton stewart trailer in red

16 ton stewart trailer in red

Chris, you are on a slippery slope to bankruptcy, there are so many Deutz variants that you will spend a small fortune trying to get them all, trust me I am still trying and there are some that still elude me

i know robbo, i bought a fendt at spalding and now i have seven!!. i wont over do it, but will be adding the wiking ttv 630, weise dx 6.31 and the new u/h one due out next month. this is it for the brands in the collection now, although a few david browns would be nice.........