Whats your latest Farm/Construction buy 2012

Gav836

Bought a few items from G&M today at Perth,this very well detailed Kockerling 6.20 grubber

Nice looking machine Joe. Challenger matches up well to it. What sort of money are they?

Does someone know if they are doing a seperate 4.3m version or do you get 1 model with different size 'wings' to fit on yourself?

Thank you Niel's,two different model's,one 4.60 m the other 6.20 m,I had hoped the 80cm extensions would be available seperately so I could make a

7.80 m version,but it's not possible without a bit surgery, 4.60 m = £ 34.60, 6.20 = £ 39.00,a reasonable price when you see the great detail on it,

Regards,

Joe.

another 1056xl and a 956xl from trago £14.99 each almost picked up the mf7480 at £13 maybe next week.

They seem to have started stocking a few Britains again Nathan, there was a long period when they stopped having any but nice to see them back again and at a good price. Mole Valley Farmers seem to get them in a lot later, aroiund a year after first released.

They seem to have started stocking a few Britains again Nathan, there was a long period when they stopped having any but ni goesce to see them back again and at a good price. Mole Valley Farmers seem to get them in a lot later, aroiund a year after first released.

they had some buildings there too . but like you said its nice to see them stocking some britains there. theres alot of the big farm stuff there too. trouble with going to trago is if her indoors finds out i'm going, the budget for models goes down and the house hold items budget goes up. :-X

this beauty, and extremely rare beast (only 10-15 made for the 2011 USA Trade Show)

0566-A.jpg

makes a nice set with the gold version (also made for the same show in a bit higher limited edition of about 30 models) i have

0128-A.jpg

although i am doubting if i'll keep them due to limiting the boundaries of my collection further.. so for the right price ;)

Also just back from Shepton, with an unusual colour variant of the Britains lead Jersey Cow, more brown shades than the usual yellow/orange shades. Also a rather basic farmyard, which I'd guess was made during the war or just after, say 1945-55. I bought it, despite having more than enough 'basic' old farmyards already, because the house has a roof of hardboard with an impressed 'tiles' design (characteristic of Hugar buildings), and even more significant (to me, anyway) a window of the cellophane + mesh combination which, I'm told was only used by Hugh Gardener during the years he run his 'Hugar' factory at Epsom, and afterwards, when he continued in business by getting stuff made by other companies on a sub-contract basis, just using his old factory as a warehouse. This cellophane + mesh stuff was actually made during the war for London Transport (& elsewhere?) as anti bomb blast protection, and was stuck on the inside of windows of buses and those tube lines which run partly at ground level. Obviously Mr Gardener got hold of a few rolls of the stuff, & used it on his models for years afterwards. I'd love to get hold of a bit to do repairs on some of my old buildings.

I also bought the 2nd edition (already had the 1st) of Peter Coles' book 'Suspended Animation, an unauthorised history of Herald & Britains plastic figures'.

Edited by david_scrivener

Also just back from Shepton, with an unusual colour variant of the Britains lead Jersey Cow, more brown shades than the usual yellow/orange shades.

What a shame I didn't know you were going - we could have met up! I must admit I did not do a lot of browsing as I met friends and got chatting... ::)

What a shame I didn't know you were going - we could have met up! I must admit I did not do a lot of browsing as I met friends and got chatting... ::)

We'll have to make a point of meeting next time, plus you can come and visit afterwards, as I live in Shepton, only 2 and a bit miles from the showground.

PM me if you want my phone number.

this beauty, and extremely rare beast (only 10-15 made for the 2011 USA Trade Show)

0566-A.jpg

makes a nice set with the gold version (also made for the same show in a bit higher limited edition of about 30 models) i have

0128-A.jpg

although i am doubting if i'll keep them due to limiting the boundaries of my collection further.. so for the right price ;)

I suspect you will be looking for quite a few "clean £ 5 pound notes" for those ones Wil...although I suspect you would even accept dirty ones :huh:

Nice looking and rare models for one collection though 8)