Whats your latest Farm/Construction buy 2012

Gav836

Took a trip out to Manns today with Suzy and mother. Saw my first real Lexion 750 HC Edition, got some more things for the collection, including the Norev Conspeed header - not cheap at £35.00 but a lovely model. Got Suzy a set of Claas ladies overalls - very fetching indeed!! ;D

Lastly, word on the street says that the Dom 96 won't be out for another month at least  >:(

Anyway, here's the Norev Conspeed  8)

post-1591-0-29428000-1356024707_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-66110100-1356024744_thumb.jp

Edited by malcy_p

There's a real Ropa Euro-Maus working around locally - they're huge. Sorely tempted to buy the Wiking model... I could justify it because I think they use Claas cabs!?!   :)

/m.

Ah,but could you justify the Wiking price for a Siku toy??

Regards

Joe.

Ah,but could you justify the Wiking price for a Siku toy??

Regards

Joe.

Is the quality that poor? Not seen the model close up - the real thing is pretty impressive, why did they call it a "mouse"? They have a Panther, a Tiger and a mouse. Bizarre!  ???

• Like 1

Is the quality that poor? Not seen the model close up - the real thing is pretty impressive, why did they call it a "mouse"? They have a Panther, a Tiger and a mouse. Bizarre!  ???

I don't really know how good the quality is Malcy,i thought about getting one,no chance of me seeing one around here so a model would have been the nearest thing,but there has been conflicting reports about it initially being made by Siku,but it was over budget  for their degree of detailing,so they ended up releasing it as a Wiking,here is a 10 page review of it,albeit in Germany,

http://www.agrarmodellbau.de/showthread.php/14741-Ropa-Euro-Maus-4-in-der-Ropa-Edition they seem to think there is to much plastic content and a general lack in detail,ie, hydraulic hoses etc,

Regards

Joe.

Joe. that pretty well sums it up. Lots of plastic, no hydraulic hoses and elevators just rubber band. Also some of the plastic is not painted but just yellow plastic. However the model is otherwise superbly detailed. Much better than a Siku would be. For instance railings are much more in scale (ie thinner). The model has so many functiones just like the real one. I really dont think this model could have been built in this detail if it would be mostly metal. Its defenitly not a childrens toy, much to delicate for that.

If you remember I was one of those first critiscing the model for being to Siku like. But I had not seen the model. Now that I have I am pleasantly surprised. There is no way that I would have imiganed such a great Mouse just 3 or 4 years ago ever to be offered. RWMT Reisinger used to sell a mouse, it had hydraulic hoses and all but was probably not that much better than this model. However the costs of that Mouse was over 2000 Euros.

At 149 euros its not a cheap model, but if you really want one, It think its worth it.

pictures still not done :)    patience is a virtue  .......

Thank you Marcus,for that reply,I would like one at some stage,purely to see just how intricate it is,also it would make a brilliant load for a low loader,I just wonder what,if any,differences there might be on this upcoming version from Henry Selten at Farmmodels nl, http://www.farmmodels.nl/Webwinkel-Product-18418260/64991-ROPA-euro-Maus-4-Limited-Edition-2222-stuks-1:32.html?sid=vr4mimvi71om0amn4d0kph0bc4&Lng=en due in two weeks apparently,

Regards

Joe.

foto1-5.jpg

New additions to the collection:

NH/Ford 8770A with dual wheels

IH 955 with dual wheels

Fendt F231 GT

Case IH 1255xl

Schlüter Euro-Trac

JD 6210R

Challenger MT765D

Amazone Catros+ disc harrow.

Foto2Small.jpg

Next years combination for tackling the stubbles after harvest 2013 :laugh:

It is indeed a nice model. I put the big weight block on the front as the 'front hitch' isn't up to much. The rear linkage can be swapped over which is very handy. All in all it is a very nice model. The Supersteer could probably have been a little more realistic but it is there.