1/32 Farming Models

On 25/02/2018 at 11:35 AM, bluegreen said:

Some nice additions there Pete, Are the sumo weight boxes an upgrade on the previous ones you sold?  And do those forager rails fit onto Claas siku 960s?

Yes the sumo weights blocks are a new product from us made directly from sumos blue prints so they are perfect to scale made from brass and resin the rails will fit on the claas forager as the general layout is the same and will fit with minimal adaptations 

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/03/2018 at 9:06 PM, alf aphid said:

What’s the story behind the CAT badged Xerion ? 

The story is CAT do demonstrating days in the US at a remote place not for the public and the claas xerion  is put in to CAT livery for that time only I have pictures of both 3800 and 5000 in this livery they try to keep it a bit tc but the pictures always find they way to me ,

On 25/02/2018 at 5:25 PM, Jd6320driver said:

the grab rails on a claas jaguar are completely different to the grab rails fitted by john deere 

The grab rails that I have had made for the John Deere are not perfect but a dam site better effort that what Britain’s did or and also the mirrors sold loads and loads of these grab rails 

6 hours ago, convo said:

The story is CAT do demonstrating days in the US at a remote place not for the public and the claas xerion  is put in to CAT livery for that time only I have pictures of both 3800 and 5000 in this livery they try to keep it a bit tc but the pictures always find they way to me ,

Ah ok, never seen before but then I guess it’s something car dealers did themselves

18 hours ago, convo said:

Stand by for the Kane trailer mod this also has brass super structure in it to stop and sagging or coming off one it is fastened on 

03F890B1-13D4-416C-99F0-085A332A3DE1.jpeg

CD711950-2607-498A-9F12-759CC7B19FC8.jpeg

7D74D7C6-BE9C-4581-8308-F4961B3420F6.jpeg

That's clever Pete,a swan neck to convert the towed Kane into a Artic low loader,good stuff.

Regards

Joe.

The best thing about the Swan neck extension with it having brass super structure it will not sag or snap off , we have tested the prototype and once it is mounted it will not come back off or snap or go out of shap even with a load on as a display ,, 

A handy tip I've picked up from plastic modelling  sites is to put a thin layer of clear coat along the edge of the masking tape once all masked up. This has the effect of sealing any small gaps under the tape edge and stopping bleed through of the main colour. Being clear, any varnish bleed through isn't noticeable.I actually use Johnson's Klear floor polish, which can also be used a gloss varnish. Works well, can be used neat and brush painted.

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, bluegreen said:

Do you use special masking tape when painting these models pete?  I always get a bit of paint seep through even when I'm sure ive got the tape positioned firmly in place!

I use frog tape Phil,its great stuff

It’s not just the tape it is the thing you paint with ,, to much to soon and over application create some seppage ,,

any way check out the masking on the black extensions on this harvester 

BFE48620-AA4B-4F64-912C-5FEC01374DDF.jpeg

66E41DF0-31BB-4D40-9B9F-B344DFD85966.jpeg

70860959-2E32-4F6E-9C79-3E55FB7B62A1.jpeg

76C0C48C-E100-4BE6-B93D-2023578BE1CB.jpeg

D07C47B8-D8DF-4F06-AFFB-B4484BEA7BCF.jpeg

8D77E9BB-8855-4503-8708-89AAC01B5113.jpeg

the only problem I have this model is discontinued and I don’t know how manny I can do ,, what a pain these are to do I have had these ages and put this job off but a customer has been on my case to get one at spalding I have also done a full repaint in green pearl ,, this is a very good standard model don’t know why they discontinued it ,, just like the WIKING 6210r that has gone now 

Archived