What did you see today that made you laugh?

Our exchange daughter is here with her family.  They went shopping for clothes....Came home and threw all their clothes in the rubbish bin and went out and bought all new clothes to take home.....Made me laugh, because they said the clothes are so cheap here they can buy all new for less than half what they pay in England....seems odd to me....plus crazy about Levis'.......cheap here I guess.......ahhhh maybe old Ben is on to something....????? huh Ben??  oh I remember Tris the hobbit knew about it too... ;)

Not only cheaper but better quality too.  What pleased me is that the US stores sell for different sizes and shapes and by that I mean long, short, thin and fat i.e Petite for the slim 5' 2", Misses for the plumper 5' 2" etc.  Some UK shops have Petite but only a few; the majority sell standard sizes without any consideration for different height and shape. 

When I went on my marathon trip I left home with a suitcase half empty as I planned to hit the shopping malls (which I did!)

Not only cheaper but better quality too.  What pleased me is that the US stores sell for different sizes and shapes and by that I mean long, short, thin and fat i.e Petite for the slim 5' 2", Misses for the plumper 5' 2" etc.  Some UK shops have Petite but only a few; the majority sell standard sizes without any consideration for different height and shape. 

When I went on my marathon trip I left home with a suitcase half empty as I planned to hit the shopping malls (which I did!)

Sue your as bad as ne and my dad we went to Agritecnica with an entirely empty suitcase!! ;D

Sue your as bad as ne and my dad we went to Agritecnica with an entirely empty suitcase!! ;D

I was travelling light as I was going to ride the trains from Washington DC to California and back again so it was a case of ONE suitcase as two would have been impossible to handle.  Not that I should have worried I never handled it at any time during my holiday except on my return to Heathrow where I had to wrestle it off the carousel. 

Way cheaper over there plops , I buy levis £85 a pair here over there in Alaska $19 or £10-15 depending on the rate at the time , last work mate who went over took two cases 1 inside the other with the bare minimum of cloths with him came back with both full and none of his old stuff o ly cost him 500 odd dollars for him the wife and 2 kids

The madness at the supermarket at 7am this morning, carpark packed solid, every isle you could hardly get down, panic buying of loo rolls and ques at the tills longer than a conga line at the local nightclub :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Andover too.  I went into the town to go to the bank.  Loads of parking spaces in the town car parks and not that many people either but on moving on to a supermarket I was driving in circles looking for a space.  I did find one, eventually.  The odd thing was that there did not appear to be enough shoppers inside to account for the number of cars in the car park!

we have a new person started in our office and we were chatting away about things and we got onto hobbies.

I said I collect models, he replied with 'models, what kind of models?'

I replied with ' the 6 foot, top heavy, blonde kind'

the look on his face was priceless and confused. I just laughed and said not really, farm models!.

just watched a guy in the pub, put the que right through the the cloth on the pool table, wouldn't have been so bad, but it was one of our our lot which was rather embarasing, as one its my local, and two aparently we are all banned now????? be intresting to see what happens next time i pop in

Sat tucking into the main meal today when one of the cats appeared in the cat flap with a mouse in her mouth , this turns out to be very alive as we find out when the cat drops it and it proceeds to make a break for freedom squealing on the way across the room cat in hot pursuit. 3 lady's darting in various directions one screaming and 3 blokes franticly trying to catch said mouse before the cat does , took 10 mins and we found it in the front room cornered under the seat , one ice cream tub capture later the meal restarts, wish we bought a dog at times :laugh:

Just heard a bang from up stairs apon investigation young Sophie has got into our bedroom and found my big jar of  jelly bean factory jb's , has managed to open them and eaten a few , stage 2 of her conquest was to launch them off the side all over the floor , Sophie 10 me none yet

• 1 month later...

The bloke who smashed into our field through 25 metre's of wall, in a transit van. he was just a bit shook up, although he was very lucky not to be badly injured or even worse. His van was written off completely so look's like an insurance claim on his insurance...expensive one too! He went along the wall for a fair way then ground to a hault just inches from a telegraph pole. we went up to pull him out in our Massey Ferguson 2640 which was good fun ;D ;D ::) ::)::):police: