Harvest started yet

Tractorman810

Some nice looking clouds to photograph against there Patrick. Few too many clouds for a clear sunset ( compared to the previous two nights ) where I was this evening chasing after a Lexion Terra Trac near Malton, although there were some lovely colours in the sky. All action around here again today and there's still loads left to harvest.

Some nice looking clouds to photograph against there Patrick. Few too many clouds for a clear sunset ( compared to the previous two nights ) where I was this evening chasing after a Lexion Terra Trac near Malton, although there were some lovely colours in the sky. All action around here again today and there's still loads left to harvest.

Cheers david, was a nice night but the sun just dipped below the clouds. Quite pleased with the photos as they were taken literally as I jumped off the tractor.

Went for a few drives out this week, and there are barely any fields left standing now, so it looks like that's pretty much it for this year.

I've added this weeks finds on malcp.com and in the next few days I'll be adding the two "Not Claas" galleries there - saw my first MacDon draper header on a Case 9230 a week or two back, plus two CR9080s in one field, more photos of the MF 9280, a NH CX880 harvesting OSR from swath and a very sad looking Clayson rotting away in a hedge. :(

/m.

Still enough left standing close to home to warrant at least another couple of days combine chasing. I've had another decent day today, just a little bit disapointed I didnt make the most of what was a fantastic sunset in the Vale of Pickering. I was too high up and too far east. Still i've been able to capture the oldest combine i've found working on my travels this afternoon, a New Holland Clayson M133 and no less than four different Deutz - Fahr combines. I will eventually post them all to my harvest thread. :)

well,due to the weather i have had no harvest work what so ever,all weekend work has been going to the fulltime guys,which is fair enough,they are slack in the week so i totally understand that,but i have really got itchy feet,the boss did ring up today and explained the situation,as i was sure i would have got a call friday night,whats worse is i have got a steady stream of tractors hauling silage driving right by my house,3 new hollands and a jd all on west trailers,the forager a claas 940 went up through the village,must have been a tight squeeze over the bridge,anyway hopefully will get some work on the tillage/ploughing side,if /when i do i will post some pictures up,its just like last year ,hardly any work at harvest time,but loads of hours in march upto may,so this topic has been very good to see others working the harvest

well harvest finished yesterday for us, the contractors new holland TX68 was 3 hours away so he phoned some friends who bought a claas lexion 630 and 430 down to get the last 90 acres of wheat finished before the rain started. ive been baling last night and this afternoon and just beat the rain.

i was very happy with the crops of straw off the wheat, one 32 acres field averaging 12.5 bales to the acre, got just over 400 round bales off it. we now have around 2500 round bales of straw now, about 600 left to cart off the fields. me and the boss shifted 270 this morning before i went baling.

Edited by jordantaylor

Can't find how to start a new topic, but can someone explain why lovely clean linseed straw from a 40' cut Lexion was being pushed up into lumps when it was lovely and dry in north Kent last week. I thought one can still burn this in the field legally so why go to the expense of a telehandler with fuel the price it is, when it would have burnt well in the row with better ash distribution. I would have thought with the cereal straw shortage it would have been worth bigbaling for an incinerator? Any ideas?

Edited by NIGEL FORD

The last two pages from my harvest photos are now up - these have all the non-Claas stuff in; A couple of JDs (a C670i and a T670i), one CX880 with pickup header and one without, two NH 9080s, a NH 9090, a NH TX36, two Case combines (a 9010 and a 9230), an MF Delta 9280, an MF 29.

Enjoy :)

http://malcp.com/201...sPt1/index.html

http://malcp.com/201...sPt2/index.html

/malc.

Edited by malcy_p

They were in Kelsale in Suffolk, and the next day I couldn't find them again. I spotted them well after sunset and they stopped about 10 minutes after I got there. They were on land owned by a big commercial estate farm that sold up, and the land was split between other local estates. I think they were contractors but didn't get much conversation from them!

First time I'd seen a Macdon draper header in action, they look weird with their flailing reel tines :)

/m.