Harvest started yet

Tractorman810

Not the greatest of photos - but a nice pair of NH CRs behind my house - a 9070 and a 9080. I didn't even see the JD combine until I got home and looked at the photos! Belongs to the farmer beyond these fields who also restores old classics - JD tractors and Fiat crawlers. He's been in Classic tractor once or twice - most recently with the Fiat crawlers.

post-2317-0-60997300-1345408795_thumb.jp

post-2317-0-38200600-1345408800_thumb.jp

post-2317-0-28410300-1345408804_thumb.jp

post-2317-0-94329600-1345408807_thumb.jp

post-2317-0-26455000-1345408811_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Evenin' all (back again after a long lay off sorting out a "new" PC)

I've been surprised how few Combines I've seen in the last couple of weeks on my travels.

Absolutely none seen all the way from Beverley to Eastbourne in glorious weather last week.

2 today around the Moors (a Lexion near Driffield and a NH near Pickering - Walter Dewent country) and that's about it ! looks like there's more than half of the harvest yet to finish round here.

PS there's some lovely photos on here too - well done chaps

Edited by JohnP

Good Morning John, good to see you back showing your face. Hope you get to see, capture and post some harvest action soon. Been a bad year for being able to het on the land this year. "Click Click David" has been giving us a good show though. I was up near Pocklington a week or two ago picking up tractors :)

Started in my village on Sunday (or probably a few days before), In a neighbours garden for a drinks party and a combine looms over the fence. "My car is out there!" was the cry from a couple of guests and of course a 4.5M wide combine on a 5M wide road does not have much of a chance to get past a parked car.

One car went into my drive and the other backed up the lane at the side. Combine passed safely. "Another one is coming" we were told but the idiot who backed into the lane put his car back on the main road when he could have put it in my drive too! 4.75M combine came along half an hour later!

Great to see you back posting again John, always nice to know there's another set of eyes patroling the local countryside for combines and machinery. This past week has been very catchy and whilst a few farms have made a tentative start on their wheat harvests there's still some fairly large areas of O.S.R. still to be dealt with. Plenty of time left over the course of this year's harvest to capture a few more combines at work I would hope. Looking back at my own photographic efforts this year, i've captured 25 combines since the 22nd of July. :)

Saw 15 combines working on the way home from lincoln today. We tried some oats but they need another day although might be going tomorrow weather dependant.

These photos were taken the other day, as you can see here in Yorkshire we are very progressive and in vouge when it comes to harvest and cultivations!

post-2056-0-61152900-1345485943_thumb.jp

post-2056-0-74343300-1345485964_thumb.jp

post-2056-0-92896000-1345485988_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Saw 15 combines working on the way home from lincoln today. We tried some oats but they need another day although might be going tomorrow weather dependant.

These photos were taken the other day, as you can see here in Yorkshire we are very progressive and in vouge when it comes to harvest and cultivations!

post-2056-0-61152900-1345485943_thumb.jp

post-2056-0-74343300-1345485964_thumb.jp

• Like 1

We're getting on well with harvest at the moment, we need three more good days and we should be finished. We also have the best wheat yields since my boss arrived there in 1997 so some things are going well this year

Carting OSR from two 770 terra tracs for local farmer, hopefully get back to operating the diggers, not adapting too this farming malarkey very well,

Edited by HWS PLANT HIRE

like john p i have been surprised by the lack of activity this side of devon / cornwall ,we have had 3 days without rain, good wind and heat to dry stuff out, and all i have seen is a mf 72?? working, loads of uncut stuff still arround, infact one field i go past has gone from being a nice golden colour to more brown ,with what looks like patches of black appearing in the middle???? would that be rot setting in??? new one on me i must say

We're getting on well with harvest at the moment, we need three more good days and we should be finished. We also have the best wheat yields since my boss arrived there in 1997 so some things are going well this year

Doesn't sound like Fuasrium has been a problem for you guys then?

Doesn't sound like Fuasrium has been a problem for you guys then?

Nope, only one very tiny patch in a field corner where the boss missed with one of the sprays. We have a very good agronomist and this year has proved the fact, the field we are in at the minute has a massive yield but the grain is quite shrivelled on the 30 acres drilled ehind maize, the 15 acres behind kale drilled in early December is a very good sample and we're now not sure if dropping that variety this year is the right move.

we should(if it dosen't rain tonight) finish our last 35 acres of wheat tomorrow.Thats 450 acres of osr and 600 acres of wheat and 60 acres of winter barley all gathered in.All the crops have done well this year despite the weather,osr avg 1.9 ton per acres,wheat has been 3.5-4 ton per acres although the bushel weight has been below 72 a fair bit and the best varitey was Dieago and Cordiale and the winter barley was 3.5 per acre.

Lovely !

is that a BTD6 ? Spent many a happy hour on them with my Dad ploughing (1963-ish !!!)

Thanks for your replies chaps.

There's not a lot of recent action to report but I am trying to get my phtobucket account going to log all my photos

about 500 acres left of wheat to do then beans to do so not doing to bad only fault is the combine not great not good for a new claas one

What's wrong with it? Unusual to hear of Claas machines not performing?

well i have just seen a unusal sight, the field i have been passing daily which has gone very dark brown and had black patches starting in a few places was being topped down tonight as i passed, nht 6070 with a big front mounted topper, clearly they have decided the crops just gone to far to save??? certainly a first for me, never seen anyone just shred a crop like that before