Replicagri International 845 XL 2WD (ACA)

As promised a little review about the recently launched International 845 XL model from Replicagri, only this time in a two wheel drive format. The model was issued by the ACA Agri Coll Association for the 19th Chartres 2012 model show. Replicagri already had the four wheel drive version in their program which we will see later on in this review.

IMG_7255_2.jpg

First impression (8 ) Relatively newcomer Replicagri have been turning out some fantastic models, mainly from the International stables, with a good attention to detail and keeping them prices affordable in my opinion. The 845 XL was already released in four wheel drive form and for the French ACA club they made a special 2500 limited edition two wheel drive model. Apart from the different front axle the model is exactly the same. Expect to pay in the region of 40 Euro (£ 35,00).

IMG_7252_2.jpg

The International comes in a handy and nimble cardboard box. It has the French ACA logo on it and let's you know it is a special edition for the 19th 2012 Chartres model show.

IMG_7253_2.jpg

Unpacking (9) The back of the box contains some information about the tractor. Unpacking is extremely easy. You remove the plastic top and the model is hold to the base plate with just one screw. Extras such as the holey bar and drawbar pin are taped underneath as we are used to from Replicagri.

IMG_7262_2.jpg

Quality and finish (8,5) As we can expect from Replicagri the quality and finish of the model are excellent. All the details are there. The PTO clutch handle is not oversized like on the Britains models. All details are there, up to the small bolts that hold the rubber strips on the mudguards. The engine is detailed and the front axle is fully functional. The rear linkage resembles a real three point linkage. Fitting standard models behind it will probably be a bit challenging.

IMG_7265_2.jpg

Detail of Realism (8,5) I haven't compared it's size to the real deal but the model looks very much to represent the real deal. Here it is next to the 4WD 845 XL which is the same, apart from the front axle and prop shaft with drop box. The front axle is coming from the 24 series but looks good on it. There is a 'loose' oil pipe on the right hand side of the engine block. The weights are fixed to the tractor but do give it a finishing touch.

IMG_7269_2.jpg

Another comparison. A nice detail is that the engine hood can open. Unlike on real IH tractor you won't have to take the exhaust off first.

Conclusion:

I give this model an 8,5 overall. It resembles the real deal and looks good. The 2WD is nice for people that focus on stock farms but it fits in just as well on arable units or contractors for things like sowing and crop husbandry. As I am from the Continent we had all German build IH's here that had wider mudguards. I find it a pity this one doesn't but you can't blame the French manufacturer Replicagri for doing that. The fact that it is only one of 2500 build should make it a bit more desirable with future collectors although expect to find plenty for sale still.

Well that was my quick review for now. Any questions? Please ask.

cheers neils, recon ones heading my way on payday now, one thing do the doors open??? sure i have seen some case models recently that have this feature ,just not sure what ones

Not sure about the IH 845XL as I have not taken mine out of the box yet. The Schuco IH 1455XL has opening doors.

Sean: No, the doors don't open. Maybe the biggest dissapointment but I am not to let down by it.

Barry: I am not 100% sure but I don't think so? The 844 was though? The 885 is the equivelent of the 845 as it has the same D-268 engine. Compared to the 856's DT-239 it has a longer stroke (139,7 versus 128,5) and is a much tougher and will go for longer despite having no turbo and less hp.

Mike Whiting: You can add trailed implements and some mounted if they have points for a real three point linkage. You can bend the lift arms a little and it comes with an adjustable top link. Replicagri stuff like the Nodet fertiliser spreader and drill will fit ont it.

Many thanks for everyone's compliments by the way :)

Fantastic review Niels, thanks for taking the time put some words and photographs together on this model. Rather pleased Repliagri have done a version of this tractor in 2wd, as (A) I can't convert models to save my life, and (B) I've always regretted not coming home with this conversion on offer at Zwolle last year.

P1120872.jpg

Looking forward to adding this model to my collection now. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I got one during the week. Its a nice little model alright. Only down fall is the cab doors not opening realy ,but other than that its well detailed. I was going to get a 4wd one origanaly, but I needed a 2wd IH in the collection & found this limited edition Chartres model would be the perfect little addition to my Case/IH fleet.

• Like 1