Pat's Farming Pictures

Jdeere6910

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely photographs Patrick of a very fine fleet that i'm incredibley pleased to have photographed myself over the past two years. Thank you ever so much for the opportunity. Merry Christmas and all the best for 2013. :)

Thankyou David, ringing endorsement from a great photographer like yourself. We don't have much drilled this year but all being well I hope you will pay the odd visit in 2013. Maybe find us doing some grassland work this year. Merry christmas to yourself and your family too

Thankyou David, ringing endorsement from a great photographer like yourself. We don't have much drilled this year but all being well I hope you will pay the odd visit in 2013. Maybe find us doing some grassland work this year. Merry christmas to yourself and your family too

Thank you Patrick, i'm very, very humbled. I'm certainly looking forward to paying you a few more visits in 2013 and exploring the Vale of York yet further with my camera. All the best mate. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely photos, Pat. Some really nice dusk shots with the sun coming down on the metal panels. Always makes for nice mood photos.

Just to let you know, Three Oaks Bunning spreaders are tiptoptastic in my eyes, mine weighs a tonne and it really is a superb model. Ditto the six post cab as well, I want one for a Wiking 69/7530 conversion!

Thanks for the compliments Tris, its just a case of point and shoot for me, and see what comes out.

The three oaks bunning looks spot on. Got to admit, I'd rather have a 7530 like you were on than my 69 though :P

Some excellent photo's in this post Pat...tell me what camera did you use to take those since I seriously need to bin my two and get one that can take pictures like that...but then again maybe its the "dog nail" that wrong ;D  ;D

Thank you very much Bill. Truth be told I don't actually use a true camera. I have an iphone 4 that takes good quality pictures. But they are just point and shoot, never bother to try change anything with the camera or edit them. The beauty about using my phone is I always carry it with me and its very easy to use. I do take a lot of bad pictures with it as well. I won't deny that. For me it was just a case of finding what works, then being in the right place at the right time then hoping for the best :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Well time for an update, not going to lie, got classic tractor today and I'm a bit dissapointed that non of my photos are in it. So here's what I entered (in the next few posts)

Hope you enjoy them, sorry its the same kit as usual.

014-2_zpse7cfaa0c.jpg

025_zps325d0061.jpg

026_zps61eac14a.jpg

031_zps4598c5dc.jpg

niiice,a frazier agri buggy.One used to spray behind our house back in sussex and it struggled on steep hills when full.

Is it just an ordinary 5 speed cross gate gearbox on those Pat?,as the gear ratios sounded very far apart so constant changing on hills  

niiice,a frazier agri buggy.One used to spray behind our house back in sussex and it struggled on steep hills when full.

Is it just an ordinary 5 speed cross gate gearbox on those Pat?,as the gear ratios sounded very far apart so constant changing on hills  

Thanks Jamie. This buggy is a later phantom so it has the auto box out of a LR disco. Our old 2/3D hybrid had the manual box out of a defender? (I could be wrong there). As you say the ratio's were too far spaced the auto works well though. We don't have a problem with hills though. 

• 2 months later...

Well after tractor driving for the last 2 days I got a few pictures. First up todays action, we finally got on with some landwork. I went to plough with the 6930. Grandad was also spreading muck with the 6920S

021-1_zps1f8d4029.jpg

017-1_zps3237ba4f.jpg

And for Bob, works 6490 carting compost yesterday

013-1_zps25ee8091.jpg

011-1_zps17e3c420.jpg

009-2_zps45869bd3.jpg

Well after tractor driving for the last 2 days I got a few pictures. First up todays action, we finally got on with some landwork. I went to plough with the 6930. Grandad was also spreading muck with the 6920S

021-1_zps1f8d4029.jpg

017-1_zps3237ba4f.jpg

And for Bob, works 6490 carting compost yesterday

013-1_zps25ee8091.jpg

011-1_zps17e3c420.jpg

009-2_zps45869bd3.jpg

Up close & personal with the 6490, super!

Thanks for the pictures of the 6490 Pat you keep the Deere's clean to whats on the 30 is it a 4f or a 5f Pat? Really like them 20's after I left school I drove a 6620 for the guy next door to me fir a year same man that has the 6630's on my out and about topic would like a 6520 or a 6620 and I'm a Massey man :D

Yeah Chris your spot on with up close and personal if you look at that first pic of the Massey you think your going to be run over :D

I thought you might like the pictures of the 6490, thats the newer of the pair we have round at work, both were on carting yesterday along with the 6290 but no pics of them. Its a 5 furrow but it takes some handling as its a bit long, needs some front links on the tractor to get the weight out further. Handles a lot better on the big fergies.

I'd quite like a 6420S to finish the fleet, but doubt that will happen :( I'll try getting some more of the masseys when we are muck spreading

• 2 weeks later...

Well just a small update of the few pictures I've managed to take over the last week. It's finally dry enough to get some spring drilling done. Mostly drilled direct into the stubbles left last year as ploughing would just bring up loads of wet soil. All drilled up apart from 25 acres which should have never been ploughed last autumn.

First up two pictures of the 6910 when I was rolling, so no working shots.

010_zps576d00be.jpg

012_zpsfdca33f7.jpg

Two of what must be ftf's most photographed tractor, David (walterderwent) has some photos of it drilling from a few days previously which I'm sure he will upload to his topic. This was drilling spring barley on tuesday.

014-2_zpsb3c7547b.jpg

015_zpsee0430e7.jpg

Finally our older Merlo that was filling the drill.

019-1_zps40dcc023.jpg

020_zps123bacd5.jpg

Thanks for looking

Archived