The Wickhambreaux Collection (part of!)

watermill

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A nice purchase there Charlie, the second style with glazed screen only.

I bought a slightly different version of the box recently,  it was devoid of cabs though. Price written on the label was for 5 p. A bit bizarre this as discontinued as a separate item from end of 1970 when L s d still in use. Old stock I suppose :unsure:

I really like the old Britains trade packs, nice purchase Charlie.

Paul, I can remember when I was very young breaking the cab of a Britains Ford 6600 and asked Mum to see if the toyshop (Joyland in Salisbury) sold spares. She came back with one like seen above. So I guess they were old stock still available around early 80's ish.

I never really used it as I didn't like it at the time, but still have it now, see pic. I dont think it ever had any glass in it though.

P1020684.JPG

On 09/09/2017 at 10:02 PM, MDFord said:

I really like the old Britains trade packs, nice purchase Charlie.

Paul, I can remember when I was very young breaking the cab of a Britains Ford 6600 and asked Mum to see if the toyshop (Joyland in Salisbury) sold spares. She came back with one like seen above. So I guess they were old stock still available around early 80's ish.

I never really used it as I didn't like it at the time, but still have it now, see pic. I dont think it ever had any glass in it though.

Ford 6600 cab............. making me feel old! 

My first Britains was/is a 6Y 5000 with glazed screen only cab as per your post, must have been around 1969-70. I cannot remember whether the cab came in the box or separately. A birthday present complete with tipping trailer and link box. I still have them all, well played with. For Xmas of the same year I received implements in the packing crate boxes and the lwb Farm Land Rover with canvas tilt. Happy times :)

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, justy 46 said:

Were do you dig up these finds Charlie ?? :D I never knew Britains sold these in bulk in boxes back then..  

Hi Justin, found it on e bay abroad, cant remember which country though. I'm sure i'd seen one similar somewhere before but first one I've seen full of cabs.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, Tractorman810 said:

new one on me to charlie, never saw them at what would have been my local toyshop, in deal, and they stocked everything britains wise at the time .

Hi Sean, I remember writing to Britains asking for cabs, mainly on the 6600 after i'd broken one playing with it! or the dog had got hold of one whilst I was doing a bit of farming on the lawn! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mb86 said:

Now that is what I call a spending spree!!!!! Cracking models you have bought there Charlie. Were the TS's one offs? I'd love one of those given the chance. 

find a imber and away you go martin, sure a man of your skills can make one of those very easily 

hells teeth thats some haul charlie, some impressive stuff in there, didnt know there was two types of dealer box on the fendt sprayer set i must say 

1 hour ago, MadMark said:

I think the link below might be who made them Martin, scroll down the page and have a box of tissues while you do

https://www.facebook.com/fiatagrimodelsbe-617083725099271/?hc_ref=ARTApSnuqgSR5ewZQa0E4zc3AK7yNznsxlIis_aUWHTgp7OUvhWOQSXlCrDL_cZUS5o&fref=nf

Cheers mark, some lovely stuff there.

28 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

find a imber and away you go martin, sure a man of your skills can make one of those very easily 

hells teeth thats some haul charlie, some impressive stuff in there, didnt know there was two types of dealer box on the fendt sprayer set i must say 

Might have a look into it. The problem I have is that my list of models to make is increasing at a much faster rate than I have time to actually do them. 

Archived