The Wickhambreaux Collection (part of!)

watermill

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are really fantastic! The last that I knew of, the state of Pennsylvania uses Ford tractors for highway maintenance in the cutting and trimming of median strips and roadside grass cutting. In the summer as I travel the interstate highways in Pa., I have occasionally seen the Fords at work. 

8 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Is the last one a 4600 ?? Look dam nice ..:P

Morning Justin, I think so but i’ll Have to double check :lol:. I should have taken the plastic off before taking the pic sorry

9 hours ago, Dusty Dan said:

They are really fantastic! The last that I knew of, the state of Pennsylvania uses Ford tractors for highway maintenance in the cutting and trimming of median strips and roadside grass cutting. In the summer as I travel the interstate highways in Pa., I have occasionally seen the Fords at work. 

Thank you, we’re they in the same colour scheme as these?

• 2 weeks later...

I really like these forestry models. There is a Britains model over here waiting for many years now to be converted into a forestry tractor, now I have a good idea for colour. Did you use any paint particulair, a brand, code, whatever?

And those Britains models ... almost to die for!

13 hours ago, Hajo said:

I really like these forestry models. There is a Britains model over here waiting for many years now to be converted into a forestry tractor, now I have a good idea for colour. Did you use any paint particulair, a brand, code, whatever?

And those Britains models ... almost to die for!

Good morning, i must admit they are not my handy work, i will ask the clever man that converted them and see if he has a record of the paint.

12 hours ago, fordmajor said:

Wow great collection.

Thank you. i'm hoping to get more models on at some point, a lot of the earlier pics seem to have disappeared as well so i may have to try and re-post. Unfortunately this is only a very small portion of the collection as its mostly in storage, one day i hope to get it all pictured.

Fantastic tractors in the day, biggest tractors that I used to see in Kent back then, I managed to find this one a couple of years ago, only done 4400 hrs. So pleased at last to have a good 4850 1/32 model 

EC86CEEA-FC36-4BB4-879E-08FC3D11C72D.png

DD49876F-D3F8-4594-88A1-40691A1525AE.png

90F6E635-9784-438A-86DB-EBEC8C3EFB65.png

BEB71A6E-F9E4-4E3A-BEFC-FAAEA2501E6E.png

You do have a beautiful model tractor there, congratulations! And I know what you mean about the packaging, I have struggled to get model tractors and die cast race cars from their packaging materials. I suppose they want to make sure they are not damaged in shipping, but it is a pain sometimes. Appreciate all the close up photos too. 

On 4/5/2019 at 5:28 PM, watermill said:

It it certainly is.....I just wish I could get it out of its Fort Knox box!!!!

image.jpg

try unboxing and removing a Universal Hobbies Case Quadtrac then ;)

Hi Brian, i must admit i haven't unboxed a UH model for ages, haven't unboxed much at all really, but couldn't resist getting the 4850 out - even though the cab interior is the wrong brown :angry:

That 4850 took ages to get out, in the end i had to cut the polystyrene off to get to the screws. 

Archived