watermill

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/17/2020 at 8:02 PM, Udimore said:

Stunning as always mate

Loving the positions you are getting in to take the photos too

One day I dream to be able to show off all the Blue as it deserves

ha ha and yes it was fun! Because of the mirror in the cabinet made the lighting very difficult!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice sprayer, arms should be folded to fit box I believe. Have heard of blue ones, well one other as told/sold by a trader.

Nice trade box, I have one of these with a price of 2/- per coop. It only came with one coop, but now I know how they were packed. my coop is a pale grey with a lighter shade of green to other parts and brown base.  Are yours missing their bases? The one in your hand doesn't appear to have one!

First issued with a chicken in a bubble pack as 4702 in 1962, deleted end of 1964 in this packaging. Released as 4705 in 1965, deleted end of 1982. So box is from anywhen between those years!

On 4/19/2020 at 10:25 AM, super6 said:

Nice sprayer, arms should be folded to fit box I believe. Have heard of blue ones, well one other as told/sold by a trader.

Nice trade box, I have one of these with a price of 2/- per coop. It only came with one coop, but now I know how they were packed. my coop is a pale grey with a lighter shade of green to other parts and brown base.  Are yours missing their bases? The one in your hand doesn't appear to have one!

First issued with a chicken in a bubble pack as 4702 in 1962, deleted end of 1964 in this packaging. Released as 4705 in 1965, deleted end of 1982. So box is from anywhen between those years!

Morning, the sprayer wouldn’t fit the box if the booms were folded up. I think they used the same blue as they did for the plough

Your right yes the bases are missing, but with bases they may not fit in the box?? I wonder if they did a run without intentionally or took them off to use a load of boxes up meant for something else??

5 hours ago, watermill said:

Morning, the sprayer wouldn’t fit the box if the booms were folded up. I think they used the same blue as they did for the plough

Your right yes the bases are missing, but with bases they may not fit in the box?? I wonder if they did a run without intentionally or took them off to use a load of boxes up meant for something else??

I stand corrected with regards sprayer, I thought there would be an indent in the vac formed insert to take the arms, my bad

Chicken coop bases fit inside the main part of the coop flush with the bottom part of the walls, so would not impinge on their being packed within the trade box. Probably why they were not sold perhaps! Do they still have the perch inside?

On 9/1/2019 at 8:44 PM, SPN said:

Love the 6600 Schindler.

Was it a 6600 or 7600 Schindler that Nigel Ford had back in the day?

7600 pre Q cab with Dual Power and tweaked 10 series engine putting out about 120 bhp. Where is she now? MPJ 300P bought by Robert Wraight at the farm sale May 2000. I have my model of her that I did about 35 years ago still somewhere.

On 1/15/2020 at 10:18 PM, watermill said:

Your right they were, on the local farm to me they had one on a 4 furrow ransomes, an mf 1200 on a 4 furrow dowdeswell and a JD 3140 on a 4 furrow ransomes, a great site all ploughing together 

The late Mick Cushing (one-time European tractor pulling champion with the original SNOOPY) had these when he changed from Zetor CRYSTALs in the late 70's drilling our maize and running his home built tandem axle trailers alongside his CLAAS Jaguar 80SF (1977) and JD 5460 forager thereafter. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 2:59 PM, watermill said:

Britain’s county 1884 convo

rear duals

not sure for sure but it was listed in an auction as being done by Mr Brian Norman, but I’m not sure?? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes by B. Norman, though Brian Parks of SCALEdown made the patterns of the modified parts for him, he painted them, put them together and rebuilt them with fresh decals. I have a number of the 7710 bonnets that came off the Britains donor tractors from him.

On 3/10/2019 at 12:09 AM, alf aphid said:

I always think the 760 has a good basis, it’s on my to do list to make an improved painted version.  See if uh beat me to it!!!

I got one started about 20 years ago with more appropriate wider wheels, but then other things got in the way...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived