Wiking 2013

AJH

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Krampe Big Body 650 is actually a 22.0 ton trailer,and requires 150HP, http://www.krampe.de/produkte/krampe-wannenkipper.php?we_objectID=1861

Regards

Joe.

My reading of it is that it has a 22 tonne Gross Vehicle Weight at 40km/h under German Law, and that it has a 15.5 tonne payload. It's cubic capacity is much the same as the 16 tonne Kane halfpipe.

The 415 and 516 meet the 150hp benchmark. The Ford 7810 doesn't need to >:D

http://www.krampe.de/produkte/krampe-wannenkipper.php?we_objectID=1861&detail=2

Have you tried tipping 16tons of whatever with a short wheelbase light tractor ;D

I suggested my new 939 or 828 as both are 60kph (44mph) because the Krampe is built for fast tractor use.............and I havent got a 724 on the carpet fleet ::)

Im glad I was right about the greedy boards being detachable that makes the model a must have :)

Have you tried tipping 16tons of whatever with a short wheelbase light tractor ;D

I suggested my new 939 or 828 as both are 60kph (44mph) because the Krampe is built for fast tractor use.............and I havent got a 724 on the carpet fleet ::)

Im glad I was right about the greedy boards being detachable that makes the model a must have :)

I've drawn silage with a Ford 6640 and a 16 ton Dooley. No bother.

If you have a 939 and 828 then the Wiking Fliegl ASW would be a much better match.

Are they greedy boards or silage extensions?

The big question for me will be whether they fit under the ROS Grimme potato harvester

off topic,but if bluegreen wants a fendt 828 on the trailer then fine,its down to each individual,im waiting for somebody to post saying theyve pulled a 16 ton trailer with a mf 135

Of course he can choose to put an 828 or a 939 under small trailer, but it would be an horrendous waste of diesel, time and money to do so. Just as the neighbours would point and laugh at someone doing that in the real world, so it is on FTF when it comes to 1:32.

>:D

Of course he can choose to put an 828 or a 939 under small trailer, but it would be an horrendous waste of diesel, time and money to do so. Just as the neighbours would point and laugh at someone doing that in the real world, so it is on FTF when it comes to 1:32.

ive seen it done enough times,me included,a fendt 820 on a 10 foot grassland roller,but  it was the only tractor available,what about my lexion 770 tt dio,does that mean i can only display it in august? models are that thing when you dont have to stick to much to reality surely,anyway as i said off topic,lets get back to the wiking models eh

What nonsense..............One of the biggest contractors in east anglia (Ollie Arnold)  runs two Fendt936s and four new John Deere 6210Rs,  all six tractors have to earn their keep and the Fendt 900s were favoured over their JD 8000 rivals because they are so versatile and quick on the road!!   I sat as a passenger on board one of the 6210Rs during the maize haulage and the driver said the 936s drank the same amount of fuel on the roadwork with a 16tonnne trailer as the Deeres ::)  and they are not SCR version Fendts either!

You seem to be under the illusion that a 350hp tractor should only be deployed for heavy draft work?   The reason people buy expensive big Fendt tractors is because they are incredibly frugal and save time due to speed ,plus offering the opportunity to be used for virtually any use on farm unlike heavyweight JD CASE offerings.

Also here in the UK we are not permitted to use the giant triple axle trailers on our roads legally when they are full of produce as they would be way over the limit,  thats the main reason why big tractors are seen pulling relatively small trailers.

If I had said I was putting a Magnum 340 on the front of a 17 tonne Krampe 650 I would receive justified criticism (from somebody ::) ) but not a Fendt 900 :)

Ive taken loads of pictures of big Fendts pulling 14 - 18 tonners plus one local chap who owns a Krampe big body.

post-743-0-22497200-1359818571_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-56812000-1359818640_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-33858500-1359818830_thumb.jpg

i think phil,people feel good if they say they only have a small tractor pulling a large trailer,which is not practical,i have seen on all sorts of farms and estates with the fendt 900 series sort of hp on these trailers,i dont really care if people say a ford 66 or whatever pulls a 16 ton trailer fine,,would love to see it going uphill,around a yard its different

Big tractors aren't just for massive machinery, you buy a tractor suited for what your going to be doing, if its got to do light work to pay its self off then that's what has to be done, seen me pulling a 2 tonne digger with the 936 before, for speed, and easiness, it was some sight, most people would think it was funny and stupid, but if the tractors got to be working all the time to pay its self off, you must do stupid things like that

do many kramp trailers get sold over here then?? cant say i have seen one up east anglia way when i have been that way,plenty of rollands westerns and alikes, certainly unlikely to see a kramp this way, heck i have only just started seeing redrocks and kanes :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  they certainly look well built trailers compaired to the likes or marston

Archived