Hicksy at work photos

Hicksy

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes please to more picture Phil, I appreciate the time you have taken to post up the ones so far :) .

I don't post up that much, but do really enjoy topics like this showing and giving an insight on how farms across the country are run.

Very nice kit you have there.

Brian

f860154e.jpg

5657ee93.jpg

b1194b3f.jpg

67646f2890ee7a2b42c87798eef66534.jpg

thought I would throw these in, it was my dads 70th birthday 4 weeks ago so we had a cake made with his

Last tractor he drove a jd 4650 ,his jack Russell and his lunch bag and of course himself

743d3b0109bea2fc9176266c1ec2971d.jpg

dc1be4858a14b14bb656054a0c73dc86.jpg

great topic this is phill, and a great cake by the looks of it. one question; why do you operate a new holland combine. are they better than the deeres. we run a claas on the farm where i am. nothing wrong at all with a new holland, was just curious really.

great topic this is phill, and a great cake by the looks of it. one question; why do you operate a new holland combine. are they better than the deeres. we run a claas on the farm where i am. nothing wrong at all with a new holland, was just curious really.

Hi Chris, we ran jd combines since year dot then we demo'd a new holland in 2007 and a jd and thought the nh was the better machine at the time so had one for the 2008 season, was planning on changing for next year so we tried the new jd combine and prefer'd the yellow one again but because of the not so good harvest and lack of planting we have shelved that plan for now , but our combine has been very good for us it's reliable very clean sample and all the baler boys love the straw plus we have a very good dealer 5 minutes away

This is our old sprayer this was last autumn spraying osr, we sold it back in April and it left us this August it had a 3000 litre tank with 24 metre booms

DSC01410.jpg

DSC01397.jpg

This was it the day it left us, thinks she looks tidy for 6 years old doing about 20,000 acres a year .

0cddb95fdf51723551519d41bfeb13a6.jpg

da75763ed3e0e04c2a1c4227407d69a3.jpg

I can also agree with you about the photo opportunities. I always keep a camera handy, always have. On maize gang, sludge cake spreading, lowloader trucking, wood chopping, hedge trimming . ... yet nine times out of ten it's me taking a photo of something I have just got out of, to take the photo!! It is a pain in the arse but it does mean a more creative approach to the photography is needed.... Not something I always give time for I must admit.

However, the photos of the 75 on the plough could be straight from a brochure mate. Really bloody smart.

I love the cake, I am amazed at the work cake makers put into their cakes and the results they get. Sister in law had a DeWalt drill made for her bloke, as well as tasting the part it looked it too. Even our cousin managed to make her dad a cake model of Calne railway station complete with steam loco and carriage!!!

Do keep us updated, I'm especially interested to see what you have driven in the years leading up to the current day :)

I can also agree with you about the photo opportunities. I always keep a camera handy, always have. On maize gang, sludge cake spreading, lowloader trucking, wood chopping, hedge trimming . ... yet nine times out of ten it's me taking a photo of something I have just got out of, to take the photo!! It is a pain in the arse but it does mean a more creative approach to the photography is needed.... Not something I always give time for I must admit.

However, the photos of the 75 on the plough could be straight from a brochure mate. Really bloody smart.

I love the cake, I am amazed at the work cake makers put into their cakes and the results they get. Sister in law had a DeWalt drill made for her bloke, as well as tasting the part it looked it too. Even our cousin managed to make her dad a cake model of Calne railway station complete with steam loco and carriage!!!

Do keep us updated, I'm especially interested to see what you have driven in the years leading up to the current day :)

Cheers tris , catch up with the maize gang would like to see pictures of that, would really like to be involved with that job,

i posted up pictures phil of me at work,part time only,but as its often a solitary job all my pictures are like yours with the kit stationary

I know what you mean Paul I should get my son out more to takes some photos he has a good eye for taking photo's

Havn't been on for a couple of years now, I did the clamp more towards the end. I did enjoy it and the days flew by on the clamp. Just a shame I had a crappy example of a TM155. The offer of more work came in elsewhere so I went with that in the end.

That is some changeover!! The new sprayer dwarfs that Househam, not just the booms and tank but the physical size of the thing. What's the track width and what was the old one?

The househam track width was 72 inches centres the jd at its narrowest is 84 inches, and the axles can be adjusted by pressing a switch in the cab and will go out to 2.9 metres ,

So even by the narrowest setting that is quite a change. On the drill is it just a case of altering which seed tubes get shut off or is there more to it than that for tramlining?

We are gonna run with the 650 tyres all year now, so instead of 2 coulters shutting off we now have 5 there was some switching pipes and adding some extra springs on the tramline system to shut more pipes off,

Can't be too many of those big Deere sprayers around up your way, there is only one or two down here. I'll keep my eyes peeled if my travels take me around north Oxon although usually it is A420/A34/M40/A43 for me when I head that way.

Can't be too many of those big Deere sprayers around up your way, there is only one or two down here. I'll keep my eyes peeled if my travels take me around north Oxon although usually it is A420/A34/M40/A43 for me when I head that way.

You have named all the roads I use to get my self round the farm apart from the m40 obviously , that is our boundary our ground stops beside junction 9

Archived