Hicksy at work photos

Hicksy

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much as I respect your reply Paul,there's no way that's a 6m carrier,the 6m Carrier only has 50 discs in total and you can clearly see 44 in this half section,not to mention how many are on the mid section,

VaderstadCarrier.jpg

Respect,

Joe.

You take a great photo Phil. All the hit looks brand new as well, it's a real credit to you. I'm seriously in love with the 7530 on wide tyres

How many hours a year does the big jd do?

Thanks, I do between 500- 600 hrs in a season, which starts as soon as I get some barley stubble to go at then we Finnish around this week in October, then its back in the shed, but this year I have only done 350 hrs can't see im gonna do many more

what a nice topic lovely kit you run ,unusual buildings well the roof line is but well kept by the looks ,did you change from big hp wheeled tractors to tracked or had crawlers and the likes before nice ploughing to

Thanks the buildings were from a ford car dealership in Oxford and the big tall building was a mill plant from hungerford, we used to have thousands of pigs and made our own feed, now it just stores grain, many years ago we ran artic jd's then went too smaller jd's then had a massive change when the pigs went and I had a cat 765 that went for my jd95

Is that Vaderstadt the 12.25 meter version Phil,if it is,you can make one with a bit of dudeisious cutting,using three U H carrier 500's

1225mVaderstadt.jpg

Regards

Joe.

Nice model, but that's a carrier , mines a 10.3 rexius twin .

Much as I respect your reply Paul,there's no way that's a 6m carrier,the 6m Carrier only has 50 discs in total and you can clearly see 44 in this half section,not to mention how many are on the mid section,

VaderstadCarrier.jpg

Respect,

Joe.

my mistake joe i was looking at phillips 6 metre topdown in another post

:laugh: :laugh: Well there you go Paul,we were both wrong,It isn't 6m,it isn't 12.25m and it isn't even a Carrier,it's a 10.30 m Rexius twin,thank's for clearing that up Phil,at very best I might see one of those at The Royal Highland show,certainly not in a field near me anytime soon, >:(

Regards

Joe.

Blimey, suited and booted this year then. Would tracks be considered come change over time? Is the combined owned or on a lease plan?

Just two if you full time, eh? Nice modern, tightly run operation then. Do you do the spraying too? That Rexius really is a monster by the way!

Blimey, suited and booted this year then. Would tracks be considered come change over time? Is the combined owned or on a lease plan?

Just two if you full time, eh? Nice modern, tightly run operation then. Do you do the spraying too? That Rexius really is a monster by the way!

The combine was gonna be changed for next season, but with average yields this year plus we only have half of next years crops in the ground we have pulled out the deal we had in place did consider tracks very expensive option as we have duals we were gonna have wheels again, yes we do own the combine.

Yep two of us I've been here nearly 24 years we have some one in with his own jd 7530 to help with corn cart and in a dry year does the rolling too plus a couple of hundred acres of ploughing, and yes I do the spraying to

Nice pictures.What sort of yeilds are you getting?

Thanks, normal years our wheats and barleys run between 3 and 4 ton an acre, osr can do 1-2 tons our beans run from 1.5 up to 3 tons , this year though was average barley did 3.5 wheats did 3, osr 1.5 and the beans were a disaster 0.5 tons

Thanks for all the replies you are coming back with, to all the members. I know it is very much appreciated. Although a model Foeum, FTF does run a parallel to agriculture, not only that but many of us are not directly involved anymore and just ad many that are may not get chance to see or question this kind of operation and machinery, so thank you.

24 years, must be a testament to how good you two are and of course your bosses.

Thanks for all the replies you are coming back with, to all the members. I know it is very much appreciated. Although a model Foeum, FTF does run a parallel to agriculture, not only that but many of us are not directly involved anymore and just ad many that are may not get chance to see or question this kind of operation and machinery, so thank you.

24 years, must be a testament to how good you two are and of course your bosses.

Really appreciate your kind words, I must admit I Am a bit worried about going over board with my photos as I said before I have lots i really wish there could more action shots but there's never anyone around as i'm normally working on my own, if you guys are still keen to look at them I can keep posting, I have the jd's 7530 ,7930, and this years hired jd7230r plus our sprayer and I have found out photos of tractors that I have driven right through to when I was eleven years old, some good old fords and fergies even a county, must say I am finding this forum a great place to be , you all seem very friendly and I am learning loads it amazes me how skill full a lot of you are with your mods you create and there is some really good collections out there to view.

Really appreciate your kind words, I must admit I Am a bit worried about going over board with my photos as I said before I have lots i really wish there could more action shots but there's never anyone around as i'm normally working on my own, if you guys are still keen to look at them I can keep posting, I have the jd's 7530 ,7930, and this years hired jd7230r plus our sprayer and I have found out photos of tractors that I have driven right through to when I was eleven years old, some good old fords and fergies even a county, must say I am finding this forum a great place to be , you all seem very friendly and I am learning loads it amazes me how skill full a lot of you are with your mods you create and there is some really good collections out there to view.

I have exactly the same problem Phillip, I've got loads of pictures of the kit I use but not that many action shots.

I've been looking at your pictures on BFF ever since you started posting them and now on here as well, your kit is a credit to you with how well maintained it all looks.

Archived