What's Your Latest Farm/Construction Buy 2013

uh kuhn vari master plough,this will be converted so it sits and displays better,as this guy has done from the french forum gtp,the top plough in the picture is as it comes out of the box,the bottom plough is after he has altered it,and it does look a lot better

That Vari master doesn't need any alterations,the things about as flexible as an Octopus,there are so many hydraulic rams and pivot points you can pose it virtually any way you want,transport position however is a different story,??

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

That Vari master doesn't need any alterations,the things about as flexible as an Octopus,there are so many hydraulic rams and pivot points you can pose it virtually any way you want,transport position however is a different story,??

Regards

Joe.

no it doesnt open up wide enough Joe,and the plough shares are at the wrong angle,look at the picture again joe,just altering the angle of the plough shares improve it no end,but i think it will be a fiddly job,model is very fragile

Cor, she is abig ole gel Malcy !! you'll have to get to work & extend that spout & header.

The auger would look better if longer (and without the knob to activate the auger...!) but would mean cutting her! :(

The header is a different matter... Bruder sell spares for the Lexion 480 and 780 toys with 480 headers available separately. They are not (yet?) available for the 780 but two 1:16 V900 chopped and joined would make a very nice V1200, and at 75cm wide that would need a longer header trolley too! :)

/malc.

post-1591-0-52258400-1383407598_thumb.jp

• Like 1

no it doesnt open up wide enough Joe,and the plough shares are at the wrong angle,look at the picture again joe,just altering the angle of the plough shares improve it no end,but i think it will be a fiddly job,model is very fragile

I'm sure you know what your talking about Paul,after all you do work on a farm now and then,but looking from the rear my Kuhn does "appear" to be straight with the front / rear of my big Fergy

KuhnV1_zpsb3145990.jpg

Is it the "land slides" look ok

KuhnV2_zpse08aaca7.jpg

The auger would look better if longer (and without the knob to activate the auger...!) but would mean cutting her! :(

The header is a different matter... Bruder sell spares for the Lexion 480 and 780 toys with 480 headers available separately. They are not (yet?) available for the 780 but two 1:16 V900 chopped and joined would make a very nice V1200, and at 75cm wide that would need a longer header trolley too! :)

/malc.

Malcy,your just a big kid at heart, :laugh: :laugh:

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

I'm sure you know what your talking about Paul,after all you do work on a farm now and then,but looking from the rear my Kuhn does "appear" to be straight with the front / rear of my big Fergy

KuhnV1_zpsb3145990.jpg

Is it the "land slides" look ok

KuhnV2_zpse08aaca7.jpg

Malcy,your just a big kid at heart, :laugh: :laugh:

Regards

Joe.

here you go Joe,its hard to explain,the converted one seems to be set wider

post-1769-0-97632600-1383411929_thumb.pn

post-1769-0-07385000-1383411954_thumb.pn

post-1769-0-04616800-1383411971_thumb.pn

Edited by paulali

sean,the shares are held with a pin,so wether you have to pull the pin then adjust im not sure,but definately the shares do not swing and i dont want to force them as the model is very fragile, i will check further tomorrow,i am going to remove the uh hitch,which is easy as held on by 2 screws,that will move the plough closer to the tractor,and im getting a realistic 3 point hitch on my 8450 conversion so it should all hitch up nice and close

• Like 2

Love it malcy did you get it from manns

No, didn't go to Manns for it, it came from Germany 'on the cheap'. I was going to get it from Manns but unfortunately they couldn't get me a silver 100 Years Lexion so I wasn't going to make the 90 mile round road trip when I could get the 780 delivered for much less than the cost of petrol - even if that meant missing out on seeing the guys at BSE!

Back to topic - latest farm model buy is this...

$(KGrHqNHJBMFJG!bYkoIBSVZIskWK!~~60_12.J

:D

/malc.

• Like 1

• Britains JD 3050.
  • Britains JD 3350.
  • Britains job lot with rare red Greys buck rake.
  • book, Britains Model Tractors and Implements by David Bate.

I, vaguely, remember buying this book from the author at the Bill Richardson event, probably when new out, doesn't time fly.

I have bought one or two lots of models and missed one or two bargains ::)  in the intervening years 

• Like 1

Two exciting deliveries today...

First up a weird Lexion clone I found on e-bay. Another copy of the Bruder Lexion 480 at what I am guessing is 1/24 scale. I have the Bruder 1/20th scale original, plus a 1/32 scale Chinese rip off, and now the one in the middle. Exactly the same construction and mouldings as the Bruder but odd colours and very poorly applied stickers. Still, it's a Lexion of sorts so pleased to have it having never seen one like it before!

Secondly, the Claas 100 Years Lexion. Not much to report, apart from mine cost less than €300 including the postage from Germany  - so given the fact they were €249 from Claas that's no much of a markup for a well known 500 piece limited edition. Still, not complaining! :)

/malc.

post-1591-0-02549900-1383839002_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-34906800-1383839014_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-55509700-1383839025_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-60295200-1383839040_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-08315100-1383839050_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-24523400-1383839060_thumb.jp

Edited by malcy_p

Two exciting deliveries today...

First up a weird Lexion clone I found on e-bay. Another copy of the Bruder Lexion 480 at what I am guessing is 1/24 scale. I have the Bruder 1/20th scale original, plus a 1/32 scale Chinese rip off, and now the one in the middle. Exactly the same construction and mouldings as the Bruder but odd colours and very poorly applied stickers. Still, it's a Lexion of sorts so pleased to have it having never seen one like it before!

Secondly, the Claas 100 Years Lexion. Not much to report, apart from mine cost less than €300 including the postage from Germany  - so given the fact they were €249 from Claas that's no much of a markup for a well known 500 piece limited edition. Still, not complaining! :)

/malc.

What you ought to do with that first Lexion Malc is have it all green and put old Claas logos on it - Matador style  :)

Edited by CX820Joe
  • Like 1

I, vaguely, remember buying this book from the author at the Bill Richardson event, probably when new out, doesn't time fly.

I have bought one or two lots of models and missed one or two bargains ::)  in the intervening years 

It was published thirty years ago, well remembered!

• Like 1

What you ought to do with that first Lexion Malc is have it all green and put old Claas logos on it - Matador style  :)

If I find another so that I have one still original then I might consider that!

Back on topic - don't know when I will get these but thanks to your tip off Joe I have ordered these babies from Agratoy.de. Like I say, it's been an expensive year...  ::)  :)

/malc.

post-1591-0-11918400-1383849616_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-89125100-1383849623_thumb.jp

Edited by malcy_p
  • Like 2